Re: [PanoToolsNG] HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

  • Matthias Taugwalder
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hi all

      Happy New Year and all the best for 2007.
      http://www.zermatt360.ch/en/views_of_the_village/new_years_eve/pan/new_year_s_eve_party_2006/

      Greetings from Switzerland,

      Matthias

      --
      Matthias Taugwalder
      matthias.taugwalder@...

    • Martin Hrdlicka
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007
        In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Matthias Taugwalder"
        <matthias.taugwalder@...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > Happy New Year and all the best for 2007.

        http://www.zermatt360.ch/en/views_of_the_village/new_years_eve/pan/new_year_s_eve_party_2006/

        > Greetings from Switzerland,
        >
        > Matthias
        >
        > --
        > Matthias Taugwalder
        > matthias.taugwalder@...

        Hello Matthias, I like this picture. You caught the perfect time for
        all beautiful fireworks!!

        What lens did you use and how many shots have you done for this picture?

        Martin
      • Matthias Taugwalder
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007
          > Hello Matthias, I like this picture. You caught the perfect time for
          > all beautiful fireworks!!
          >
          > What lens did you use and how many shots have you done for this picture?

          Acutally it's a bit more complicated than that... It was shot with a D200
          and 10.5mm lens... Stitched in PTgui.

          The "secret" is the following, the panorama consists of two different
          panoramas: One for the people at about 1/25s shutter speed, the other one
          for the fireworks was at 2-4s exposure time. For the fireworks I shot
          continous shots and blended these different layers (about 30-40 different
          images) afterwards to one seamless image. To get the exact the same
          positioning (and leveling) of the shots I loaded both equirectangular images
          into PTgui set the control points by hand, optimized and re-rendered one of
          the panoramas. Finally I set manually a layer mask to combine the images
          (fireworks above the horizon, people below).

          Quite some work, but it was worth it...

          Best regards,

          Matthias

          --
          Matthias Taugwalder
          matthias.taugwalder@...

        • Martin Hrdlicka
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007
            <matthias.taugwalder@...> wrote:

            > Acutally it's a bit more complicated than that... It was shot with a
            D200
            > and 10.5mm lens... Stitched in PTgui.
            >
            > The "secret" is the following, the panorama consists of two different
            > panoramas: One for the people at about 1/25s shutter speed, the
            other one
            > for the fireworks was at 2-4s exposure time. For the fireworks I shot
            > continous shots and blended these different layers (about 30-40
            different
            > images) afterwards to one seamless image. To get the exact the same
            > positioning (and leveling) of the shots I loaded both
            equirectangular images
            > into PTgui set the control points by hand, optimized and re-rendered
            one of
            > the panoramas. Finally I set manually a layer mask to combine the images
            > (fireworks above the horizon, people below).
            >
            > Quite some work, but it was worth it...
            > Best regards,
            >
            > Matthias

            Yes. Absolutely !!

            Honestly I awaited similar answer. I was not sure only about a lens.
            I saw your pano from Klein Matterhorn and on WWP you mentioned your
            gear - D200+10,5.

            You did great job. Congratulation.

            Best regards

            Martin