Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: how to shoot a smal room

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 21 10:48 AM
      On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 2:37 PM, SKAL <sir_kalot@...> wrote:
      And if it was a FF?

      I've tried with a canon 5d and a sigma 8mm, but in a close area, as a
      room (with a lot of furniture in it)  I found really difficult to stitch
      the 6 photos

      you don;t need 6 photos on a 5D plus sigma 8mm

      JUST 4 are ok

      due to many small details not matching really well :(

      Have you any hint or could suggest me some specific guide on how to do
      it? the general guides I read them "all" already and on wide areas I did
      them already :}

      thanks

      SKAL

      Il 21/03/2013 01:34, Thomas ha scritto:
      > Fish-eye, definitely.  8mm on APS-C gives plenty of overlap in 6 shots.
      > Example with Samyang 8mm on Sony Nex-5n [here]
      > <http://www.360cities.net/image/art-bathroom#126.10,3.00,74.0> .
      >
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, SKAL <sir_kalot@...> wrote:
      >  >
      >  > Hi all,
      >  >
      >  > I would like to ask you which lenses do you use in order to shoot a
      >  > small room (4x3 mt)?
      >  >
      >  > Do you use an ultra wide angle and you shoot just 6 photos using a Full
      >  > Frame or something "smaller" and you stich much more photos?
      >  >
      >  > SKAL
      >  >

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Robert Fisher
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 21 12:03 PM
        I shot some really small aircraft interiors this past year, some spaces just barely big enough for the camera to fit into. The thing you really need to make sure of is make sure you have set the nodal point as accurately as possible, this will make your life easier in post. Even so you may have a few spots to fix in PS. Not too big a deal just a bit of time. It sounds like that may be your problem also when stitching you may need to have PTGui make more control points then go in and delete the cp.'s that are too far apart and reoptimize. Small spaces can be finicky but not impossible. It does sound like you have lots of room though, compared to some of my shoots.

        Good luck!

        Robert Fisher / VR Photographer + Cinematographer
        bob@...

        On Mar 21, 2013, at 10:48 AM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

        On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 2:37 PM, SKAL <sir_kalot@...> wrote:
        And if it was a FF?

        I've tried with a canon 5d and a sigma 8mm, but in a close area, as a
        room (with a lot of furniture in it)  I found really difficult to stitch
        the 6 photos

        you don;t need 6 photos on a 5D plus sigma 8mm

        JUST 4 are ok

        due to many small details not matching really well :(

        Have you any hint or could suggest me some specific guide on how to do
        it? the general guides I read them "all" already and on wide areas I did
        them already :}

        thanks

        SKAL

        Il 21/03/2013 01:34, Thomas ha scritto:
        > Fish-eye, definitely.  8mm on APS-C gives plenty of overlap in 6 shots.
        > Example with Samyang 8mm on Sony Nex-5n [here]
        > <http://www.360cities.net/image/art-bathroom#126.10,3.00,74.0> .
        >
        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, SKAL <sir_kalot@...> wrote:
        >  >
        >  > Hi all,
        >  >
        >  > I would like to ask you which lenses do you use in order to shoot a
        >  > small room (4x3 mt)?
        >  >
        >  > Do you use an ultra wide angle and you shoot just 6 photos using a Full
        >  > Frame or something "smaller" and you stich much more photos?
        >  >
        >  > SKAL
        >  >

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Bostjan Burger
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 22 3:32 PM
          http://worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwp307/fullscreen/RobertoMancuso-3278.html
          :)Bostjan

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 24 2:40 AM
            Il 21/03/2013 18:48, AYRTON ha scritto:
            > you don;t need 6 photos on a 5D plus sigma 8mm
            >
            > JUST 4 are ok

            What do you mean with that? zenit, nadir, front and rear only?

            SKAL
          • SKAL
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 24 2:43 AM
              Il 21/03/2013 20:03, Robert Fisher ha scritto:
              > It sounds like that may be your problem also when stitching you may need
              > to have PTGui make more control points then go in and delete the cp.'s
              > that are too far apart and reoptimize.

              Hi Bob,

              could you explain me better what do you mean with that... Since you did
              photos in such small places, you could help me for sure :)

              SKAL