Re: File viewer for Mac?

  • cvoneinem
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 21, 2013
      Hi Bjørn,

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

      > On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 13:40:20 +0100, cvoneinem <einem@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > PanoGLViewOSX-v022.dmg is available from
      > > <http://sf.net/projects/hugin/files/panoglview/panoglview-0.2.2/>
      > > I just tested it with a 16bit 9000x4500 equi...
      > > Also see http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers
      >
      > Thanks :)
      > I found there's 3 "options" on the wiki:
      > http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_Viewers
      > http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers
      > http://wiki.panotools.org/Mac_software#Viewers
      >
      > On that last page there is a CubicNavigator
      > It sounds nice, but the links to it are dead.
      > Would that software possibly be dead as well?
      >

      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, bk@... <bk@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> I will soon send some small equirectangular jpgs to a client
      > >> for approval/inspection. Normally I view them with DevalVR
      > >> on my PC, which works very well. But what do you use on Macs?
      > >> Any free viewers?

      Last message about it is three years old, and I remember positive reviews about that software. However, I think ClickHereDesign never managed to port their applications from Carbon to Cocoa, see
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_(API)#Today

      The software itself would still work on older systems, sure. But no way to purchase it.

      Carl

      ps.
      http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers is only a redirect to http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_Viewers
      The third link is a general overview but thanks for the hint. I added a link to the Panorama Viewers article.
    • panokaemena

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 22, 2013
          On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:39:26 +0100, cvoneinem <einem@...> wrote:

          > Hi Bjørn,

          > You asked for free software. CubicNavigator was never free. I only used
          > ClickHereDesign's CubicConverter as well as CubicConnector, just search
          > the archive for old messages regarding CubicNavigator:

          OK. The wiki sayst that there is a free version too.
          But as there are no working links there anyway, I guess it doesn't really
          matter? ;)

          --
          Bjørn K Nilssen - 3D viz & 360 panoramas
        • Robert Fisher
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 22, 2013
            What happened to CC? I love this apps and would buy them again if they would update for ML.

            Robert Fisher / VR Photographer + Cinematographer
            bob@...