Re: how to shoot a smal room

  • Thomas
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 20 5:34 PM
      Fish-eye, definitely.  8mm on APS-C gives plenty of overlap in 6 shots. Example with Samyang 8mm on Sony Nex-5n [here]

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, SKAL <sir_kalot@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I would like to ask you which lenses do you use in order to shoot a
      > small room (4x3 mt)?
      >
      > Do you use an ultra wide angle and you shoot just 6 photos using a Full
      > Frame or something "smaller" and you stich much more photos?
      >
      > SKAL

    • Roberto Mancuso
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 21 8:37 AM
        Re: [PanoToolsNG] how to shoot a smal room Ciao,

        I almost always use fisheye: nikkor 10,5 on aps-c format,

        or Canon 15 mm on a full frame: it depends on the dimensions I need.

        If you want see a pano in a very small place, in a submarine, follow this link:

        http://worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwp307/fullscreen//RobertoMancuso-3278.html

        this one was made with nikkor 10,5

        Hope this is helpful

        Da: SKAL <sir_kalot@...>
        Risposta: <PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com>
        Data: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 18:22:28 +0100
        A: <PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com>
        Oggetto: [PanoToolsNG] how to shoot a smal room

        Hi all,

        I would like to ask you which lenses do you use in order to shoot a
        small room (4x3 mt)?

        Do you use an ultra wide angle and you shoot just 6 photos using a Full
        Frame or something "smaller" and you stich much more photos?

        SKAL

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • SKAL
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 21 10:37 AM
          And if it was a FF?

          I've tried with a canon 5d and a sigma 8mm, but in a close area, as a
          room (with a lot of furniture in it) I found really difficult to stitch
          the 6 photos due to many small details not matching really well :(

          Have you any hint or could suggest me some specific guide on how to do
          it? the general guides I read them "all" already and on wide areas I did
          them already :}

          thanks

          SKAL

          Il 21/03/2013 01:34, Thomas ha scritto:
          > Fish-eye, definitely. 8mm on APS-C gives plenty of overlap in 6 shots.
          > Example with Samyang 8mm on Sony Nex-5n [here]
          > <http://www.360cities.net/image/art-bathroom#126.10,3.00,74.0> .
          >
          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, SKAL <sir_kalot@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > I would like to ask you which lenses do you use in order to shoot a
          > > small room (4x3 mt)?
          > >
          > > Do you use an ultra wide angle and you shoot just 6 photos using a Full
          > > Frame or something "smaller" and you stich much more photos?
          > >
          > > SKAL

        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 21 10:48 AM
            On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 2:37 PM, SKAL <sir_kalot@...> wrote:
            And if it was a FF?

            I've tried with a canon 5d and a sigma 8mm, but in a close area, as a
            room (with a lot of furniture in it)  I found really difficult to stitch
            the 6 photos

            you don;t need 6 photos on a 5D plus sigma 8mm

            JUST 4 are ok

            due to many small details not matching really well :(

            Have you any hint or could suggest me some specific guide on how to do
            it? the general guides I read them "all" already and on wide areas I did
            them already :}

            thanks

            SKAL

            Il 21/03/2013 01:34, Thomas ha scritto:
            > Fish-eye, definitely.  8mm on APS-C gives plenty of overlap in 6 shots.
            > Example with Samyang 8mm on Sony Nex-5n [here]
            > <http://www.360cities.net/image/art-bathroom#126.10,3.00,74.0> .
            >
            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, SKAL <sir_kalot@...> wrote:
            >  >
            >  > Hi all,
            >  >
            >  > I would like to ask you which lenses do you use in order to shoot a
            >  > small room (4x3 mt)?
            >  >
            >  > Do you use an ultra wide angle and you shoot just 6 photos using a Full
            >  > Frame or something "smaller" and you stich much more photos?
            >  >
            >  > SKAL
            >  >

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Robert Fisher
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 21 12:03 PM
              I shot some really small aircraft interiors this past year, some spaces just barely big enough for the camera to fit into. The thing you really need to make sure of is make sure you have set the nodal point as accurately as possible, this will make your life easier in post. Even so you may have a few spots to fix in PS. Not too big a deal just a bit of time. It sounds like that may be your problem also when stitching you may need to have PTGui make more control points then go in and delete the cp.'s that are too far apart and reoptimize. Small spaces can be finicky but not impossible. It does sound like you have lots of room though, compared to some of my shoots.

              Good luck!

              Robert Fisher / VR Photographer + Cinematographer
              bob@...

              On Mar 21, 2013, at 10:48 AM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

              On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 2:37 PM, SKAL <sir_kalot@...> wrote:
              And if it was a FF?

              I've tried with a canon 5d and a sigma 8mm, but in a close area, as a
              room (with a lot of furniture in it)  I found really difficult to stitch
              the 6 photos

              you don;t need 6 photos on a 5D plus sigma 8mm

              JUST 4 are ok

              due to many small details not matching really well :(

              Have you any hint or could suggest me some specific guide on how to do
              it? the general guides I read them "all" already and on wide areas I did
              them already :}

              thanks

              SKAL

              Il 21/03/2013 01:34, Thomas ha scritto:
              > Fish-eye, definitely.  8mm on APS-C gives plenty of overlap in 6 shots.
              > Example with Samyang 8mm on Sony Nex-5n [here]
              > <http://www.360cities.net/image/art-bathroom#126.10,3.00,74.0> .
              >
              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, SKAL <sir_kalot@...> wrote:
              >  >
              >  > Hi all,
              >  >
              >  > I would like to ask you which lenses do you use in order to shoot a
              >  > small room (4x3 mt)?
              >  >
              >  > Do you use an ultra wide angle and you shoot just 6 photos using a Full
              >  > Frame or something "smaller" and you stich much more photos?
              >  >
              >  > SKAL
              >  >

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Bostjan Burger
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 22 3:32 PM
                http://worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwp307/fullscreen/RobertoMancuso-3278.html
                :)Bostjan

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 24 2:40 AM
                  Il 21/03/2013 18:48, AYRTON ha scritto:
                  > you don;t need 6 photos on a 5D plus sigma 8mm
                  >
                  > JUST 4 are ok

                  What do you mean with that? zenit, nadir, front and rear only?

                  SKAL
                • SKAL
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 24 2:43 AM
                    Il 21/03/2013 20:03, Robert Fisher ha scritto:
                    > It sounds like that may be your problem also when stitching you may need
                    > to have PTGui make more control points then go in and delete the cp.'s
                    > that are too far apart and reoptimize.

                    Hi Bob,

                    could you explain me better what do you mean with that... Since you did
                    photos in such small places, you could help me for sure :)

                    SKAL