Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: File viewer for Mac?

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013
      On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 13:40:20 +0100, cvoneinem <einem@...> wrote:

      > PanoGLViewOSX-v022.dmg is available from
      > <http://sf.net/projects/hugin/files/panoglview/panoglview-0.2.2/>
      > I just tested it with a 16bit 9000x4500 equi...
      >
      > Also see http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers

      Thanks :)
      I found there's 3 "options" on the wiki:
      http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_Viewers
      http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers
      http://wiki.panotools.org/Mac_software#Viewers

      On that last page there is a CubicNavigator
      It sounds nice, but the links to it are dead.
      Would that software possibly be dead as well?

      --
      Bjørn K Nilssen - 3D viz & 360 panoramas
    • cvoneinem
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 21, 2013
        Hi Bjørn,

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

        > On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 13:40:20 +0100, cvoneinem <einem@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > PanoGLViewOSX-v022.dmg is available from
        > > <http://sf.net/projects/hugin/files/panoglview/panoglview-0.2.2/>
        > > I just tested it with a 16bit 9000x4500 equi...
        > > Also see http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers
        >
        > Thanks :)
        > I found there's 3 "options" on the wiki:
        > http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_Viewers
        > http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers
        > http://wiki.panotools.org/Mac_software#Viewers
        >
        > On that last page there is a CubicNavigator
        > It sounds nice, but the links to it are dead.
        > Would that software possibly be dead as well?
        >

        > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, bk@... <bk@> wrote:
        > >>
        > >> I will soon send some small equirectangular jpgs to a client
        > >> for approval/inspection. Normally I view them with DevalVR
        > >> on my PC, which works very well. But what do you use on Macs?
        > >> Any free viewers?

        Last message about it is three years old, and I remember positive reviews about that software. However, I think ClickHereDesign never managed to port their applications from Carbon to Cocoa, see
        en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_(API)#Today

        The software itself would still work on older systems, sure. But no way to purchase it.

        Carl

        ps.
        http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers is only a redirect to http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_Viewers
        The third link is a general overview but thanks for the hint. I added a link to the Panorama Viewers article.
      • panokaemena

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 22, 2013
            On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:39:26 +0100, cvoneinem <einem@...> wrote:

            > Hi Bjørn,

            > You asked for free software. CubicNavigator was never free. I only used
            > ClickHereDesign's CubicConverter as well as CubicConnector, just search
            > the archive for old messages regarding CubicNavigator:

            OK. The wiki sayst that there is a free version too.
            But as there are no working links there anyway, I guess it doesn't really
            matter? ;)

            --
            Bjørn K Nilssen - 3D viz & 360 panoramas
          • Robert Fisher
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 22, 2013
              What happened to CC? I love this apps and would buy them again if they would update for ML.

              Robert Fisher / VR Photographer + Cinematographer
              bob@...