Re: [PanoToolsNG] File viewer for Mac?

  • Michel Thoby
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013

      Le 20 mars 2013 à 11:51, bk@... a écrit :

      I will soon send some small equirectangular jpgs to a client for approval/inspection. Normally I view them with DevalVR on my PC, which works very well. But what do you use on Macs? Any free viewers?

    • Bjørn K Nilssen
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013
        On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 13:40:20 +0100, cvoneinem <einem@...> wrote:

        > PanoGLViewOSX-v022.dmg is available from
        > <http://sf.net/projects/hugin/files/panoglview/panoglview-0.2.2/>
        > I just tested it with a 16bit 9000x4500 equi...
        >
        > Also see http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers

        Thanks :)
        I found there's 3 "options" on the wiki:
        http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_Viewers
        http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers
        http://wiki.panotools.org/Mac_software#Viewers

        On that last page there is a CubicNavigator
        It sounds nice, but the links to it are dead.
        Would that software possibly be dead as well?

        --
        Bjørn K Nilssen - 3D viz & 360 panoramas
      • cvoneinem
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 21, 2013
          Hi Bjørn,

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

          > On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 13:40:20 +0100, cvoneinem <einem@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > PanoGLViewOSX-v022.dmg is available from
          > > <http://sf.net/projects/hugin/files/panoglview/panoglview-0.2.2/>
          > > I just tested it with a 16bit 9000x4500 equi...
          > > Also see http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers
          >
          > Thanks :)
          > I found there's 3 "options" on the wiki:
          > http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_Viewers
          > http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers
          > http://wiki.panotools.org/Mac_software#Viewers
          >
          > On that last page there is a CubicNavigator
          > It sounds nice, but the links to it are dead.
          > Would that software possibly be dead as well?
          >

          > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, bk@... <bk@> wrote:
          > >>
          > >> I will soon send some small equirectangular jpgs to a client
          > >> for approval/inspection. Normally I view them with DevalVR
          > >> on my PC, which works very well. But what do you use on Macs?
          > >> Any free viewers?

          Last message about it is three years old, and I remember positive reviews about that software. However, I think ClickHereDesign never managed to port their applications from Carbon to Cocoa, see
          en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_(API)#Today

          The software itself would still work on older systems, sure. But no way to purchase it.

          Carl

          ps.
          http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers is only a redirect to http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_Viewers
          The third link is a general overview but thanks for the hint. I added a link to the Panorama Viewers article.
        • panokaemena

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 22, 2013
              On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:39:26 +0100, cvoneinem <einem@...> wrote:

              > Hi Bjørn,

              > You asked for free software. CubicNavigator was never free. I only used
              > ClickHereDesign's CubicConverter as well as CubicConnector, just search
              > the archive for old messages regarding CubicNavigator:

              OK. The wiki sayst that there is a free version too.
              But as there are no working links there anyway, I guess it doesn't really
              matter? ;)

              --
              Bjørn K Nilssen - 3D viz & 360 panoramas
            • Robert Fisher
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 22, 2013
                What happened to CC? I love this apps and would buy them again if they would update for ML.

                Robert Fisher / VR Photographer + Cinematographer
                bob@...