Re: File viewer for Mac?

  • cvoneinem
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013
      PanoGLViewOSX-v022.dmg is available from
      <http://sf.net/projects/hugin/files/panoglview/panoglview-0.2.2/>
      I just tested it with a 16bit 9000x4500 equi...

      Also see http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers

      Cheers,
      Carl

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, bk@... <bk@...> wrote:

      > I will soon send some small equirectangular jpgs to a client
      > for approval/inspection. Normally I view them with DevalVR
      > on my PC, which works very well. But what do you use on Macs?
      > Any free viewers?
    • Michel Thoby
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013

        Le 20 mars 2013 à 11:51, bk@... a écrit :

        I will soon send some small equirectangular jpgs to a client for approval/inspection. Normally I view them with DevalVR on my PC, which works very well. But what do you use on Macs? Any free viewers?

      • Bjørn K Nilssen
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 20, 2013
          On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 13:40:20 +0100, cvoneinem <einem@...> wrote:

          > PanoGLViewOSX-v022.dmg is available from
          > <http://sf.net/projects/hugin/files/panoglview/panoglview-0.2.2/>
          > I just tested it with a 16bit 9000x4500 equi...
          >
          > Also see http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers

          Thanks :)
          I found there's 3 "options" on the wiki:
          http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_Viewers
          http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers
          http://wiki.panotools.org/Mac_software#Viewers

          On that last page there is a CubicNavigator
          It sounds nice, but the links to it are dead.
          Would that software possibly be dead as well?

          --
          Bjørn K Nilssen - 3D viz & 360 panoramas
        • cvoneinem
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 21, 2013
            Hi Bjørn,

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

            > On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 13:40:20 +0100, cvoneinem <einem@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > PanoGLViewOSX-v022.dmg is available from
            > > <http://sf.net/projects/hugin/files/panoglview/panoglview-0.2.2/>
            > > I just tested it with a 16bit 9000x4500 equi...
            > > Also see http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers
            >
            > Thanks :)
            > I found there's 3 "options" on the wiki:
            > http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_Viewers
            > http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers
            > http://wiki.panotools.org/Mac_software#Viewers
            >
            > On that last page there is a CubicNavigator
            > It sounds nice, but the links to it are dead.
            > Would that software possibly be dead as well?
            >

            > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, bk@... <bk@> wrote:
            > >>
            > >> I will soon send some small equirectangular jpgs to a client
            > >> for approval/inspection. Normally I view them with DevalVR
            > >> on my PC, which works very well. But what do you use on Macs?
            > >> Any free viewers?

            Last message about it is three years old, and I remember positive reviews about that software. However, I think ClickHereDesign never managed to port their applications from Carbon to Cocoa, see
            en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_(API)#Today

            The software itself would still work on older systems, sure. But no way to purchase it.

            Carl

            ps.
            http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers is only a redirect to http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_Viewers
            The third link is a general overview but thanks for the hint. I added a link to the Panorama Viewers article.
          • panokaemena

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 22, 2013
                On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:39:26 +0100, cvoneinem <einem@...> wrote:

                > Hi Bjørn,

                > You asked for free software. CubicNavigator was never free. I only used
                > ClickHereDesign's CubicConverter as well as CubicConnector, just search
                > the archive for old messages regarding CubicNavigator:

                OK. The wiki sayst that there is a free version too.
                But as there are no working links there anyway, I guess it doesn't really
                matter? ;)

                --
                Bjørn K Nilssen - 3D viz & 360 panoramas
              • Robert Fisher
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 22, 2013
                  What happened to CC? I love this apps and would buy them again if they would update for ML.

                  Robert Fisher / VR Photographer + Cinematographer
                  bob@...