File viewer for Mac?

  • bk@bknilssen.no
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 20 3:51 AM
      I will soon send some small equirectangular jpgs to a client for approval/inspection. Normally I view them with DevalVR on my PC, which works very well. But what do you use on Macs? Any free viewers?

      Sendt fra min HTC

    • cvoneinem
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 20 5:40 AM
        PanoGLViewOSX-v022.dmg is available from
        <http://sf.net/projects/hugin/files/panoglview/panoglview-0.2.2/>
        I just tested it with a 16bit 9000x4500 equi...

        Also see http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers

        Cheers,
        Carl

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, bk@... <bk@...> wrote:

        > I will soon send some small equirectangular jpgs to a client
        > for approval/inspection. Normally I view them with DevalVR
        > on my PC, which works very well. But what do you use on Macs?
        > Any free viewers?
      • Michel Thoby
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 20 6:43 AM

          Le 20 mars 2013 à 11:51, bk@... a écrit :

          I will soon send some small equirectangular jpgs to a client for approval/inspection. Normally I view them with DevalVR on my PC, which works very well. But what do you use on Macs? Any free viewers?

        • Bjørn K Nilssen
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 20 4:19 PM
            On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 13:40:20 +0100, cvoneinem <einem@...> wrote:

            > PanoGLViewOSX-v022.dmg is available from
            > <http://sf.net/projects/hugin/files/panoglview/panoglview-0.2.2/>
            > I just tested it with a 16bit 9000x4500 equi...
            >
            > Also see http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers

            Thanks :)
            I found there's 3 "options" on the wiki:
            http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_Viewers
            http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers
            http://wiki.panotools.org/Mac_software#Viewers

            On that last page there is a CubicNavigator
            It sounds nice, but the links to it are dead.
            Would that software possibly be dead as well?

            --
            Bjørn K Nilssen - 3D viz & 360 panoramas
          • cvoneinem
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 21 6:39 AM
              Hi Bjørn,

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

              > On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 13:40:20 +0100, cvoneinem <einem@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > PanoGLViewOSX-v022.dmg is available from
              > > <http://sf.net/projects/hugin/files/panoglview/panoglview-0.2.2/>
              > > I just tested it with a 16bit 9000x4500 equi...
              > > Also see http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers
              >
              > Thanks :)
              > I found there's 3 "options" on the wiki:
              > http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_Viewers
              > http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers
              > http://wiki.panotools.org/Mac_software#Viewers
              >
              > On that last page there is a CubicNavigator
              > It sounds nice, but the links to it are dead.
              > Would that software possibly be dead as well?
              >

              > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, bk@... <bk@> wrote:
              > >>
              > >> I will soon send some small equirectangular jpgs to a client
              > >> for approval/inspection. Normally I view them with DevalVR
              > >> on my PC, which works very well. But what do you use on Macs?
              > >> Any free viewers?

              Last message about it is three years old, and I remember positive reviews about that software. However, I think ClickHereDesign never managed to port their applications from Carbon to Cocoa, see
              en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_(API)#Today

              The software itself would still work on older systems, sure. But no way to purchase it.

              Carl

              ps.
              http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers is only a redirect to http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_Viewers
              The third link is a general overview but thanks for the hint. I added a link to the Panorama Viewers article.
            • panokaemena

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 22 3:07 AM
                  On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:39:26 +0100, cvoneinem <einem@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Bjørn,

                  > You asked for free software. CubicNavigator was never free. I only used
                  > ClickHereDesign's CubicConverter as well as CubicConnector, just search
                  > the archive for old messages regarding CubicNavigator:

                  OK. The wiki sayst that there is a free version too.
                  But as there are no working links there anyway, I guess it doesn't really
                  matter? ;)

                  --
                  Bjørn K Nilssen - 3D viz & 360 panoramas
                • Robert Fisher
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 22 10:29 AM
                    What happened to CC? I love this apps and would buy them again if they would update for ML.

                    Robert Fisher / VR Photographer + Cinematographer
                    bob@...