Re: R: [PanoToolsNG] What's an offline iPad app that works flawlessly with the Gyro

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013
      I'm afraid you've misunderstood my posts.

      Sacha Griffin
      Office: 404-551-4275

      On Mar 18, 2013, at 8:36 PM, Hans von Weissenfluh <hansvw@...> wrote:

      If there’s no problem  with the plugin, I can tell you that GoodReader v.3.14.0 is working fine with it.

      Hans

      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013

        Hi Sacha
        I have one pano in HTML books which was made with Pano2VR and the gyro behaves correct when turning portrait !!!

        Sent from my iPad

        Willy Kaemena

        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013
          Interesting. Do you have a link i can try?

          Sacha Griffin
          Office: 404-551-4275

          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013

            Dear Sacha,

            I’m convinced that I had understood what you posted :-)  Sorry that I couldn’t be clear enough.
            GoodReader doesn’t completely like the camroll set to “true”. Turning camroll off solves the 90 degrees off problem (on GoodReader v.3.14.0), though, obviously, you lose the roll.
            Now I’ve just made a real test loading a tour on my iPad, leaving the gyro plugin to its default settings (camroll=”true”). The 90 deg problem is right there, I see that turning the iPad by 90 degrees, the image is rotated by 90 more and the x and y axes detection is inverted. Setting camroll to “false” solves the problem with that version of GoodReader, but only if you can live without cam roll.

            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013
              Yes,
              That could be and idea. I have the condition detected when it fails. I was just shutting off the gyro, but just turning off camroll may be a better idea.

              Thanks.

              Sacha Griffin
              Office: 404-551-4275

              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013

                I’m glad that I could share an alternative.

                Best,

                Hans

                  Message 8 of 22 , Mar 19, 2013

                    > Goodreader is ok.. but the gyro only activates in landscape. I emailed them
                    > a couple times and they just ignored me.

                    Have you tried Sites-2-Go HD

                    It has just been updated to use dropbox also.
                    Works quite good but there is no explanation how to do it.

                    You need to open from dropbox first and download your zip.
                    Then mark it and from the open button at top right you choose Site -2-Go.

                    I hate Gyro but I made a test and it works fine both in portrait and landscape.

                    It also has fullscreen by shaking the iPad. It works fine now in the new version when you learned how to do the shake.
                    There is also a nice option to scroll between the open virtual tours

                    Hans