HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

  • Luca Vascon
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2006
      May the light be always good.
      :-)

    • Matthias Taugwalder
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007
        Hi all

        Happy New Year and all the best for 2007.
        http://www.zermatt360.ch/en/views_of_the_village/new_years_eve/pan/new_year_s_eve_party_2006/

        Greetings from Switzerland,

        Matthias

        --
        Matthias Taugwalder
        matthias.taugwalder@...

      • Martin Hrdlicka
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007
          In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Matthias Taugwalder"
          <matthias.taugwalder@...> wrote:

          > Hi all
          >
          > Happy New Year and all the best for 2007.

          http://www.zermatt360.ch/en/views_of_the_village/new_years_eve/pan/new_year_s_eve_party_2006/

          > Greetings from Switzerland,
          >
          > Matthias
          >
          > --
          > Matthias Taugwalder
          > matthias.taugwalder@...

          Hello Matthias, I like this picture. You caught the perfect time for
          all beautiful fireworks!!

          What lens did you use and how many shots have you done for this picture?

          Martin
        • Matthias Taugwalder
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007
            > Hello Matthias, I like this picture. You caught the perfect time for
            > all beautiful fireworks!!
            >
            > What lens did you use and how many shots have you done for this picture?

            Acutally it's a bit more complicated than that... It was shot with a D200
            and 10.5mm lens... Stitched in PTgui.

            The "secret" is the following, the panorama consists of two different
            panoramas: One for the people at about 1/25s shutter speed, the other one
            for the fireworks was at 2-4s exposure time. For the fireworks I shot
            continous shots and blended these different layers (about 30-40 different
            images) afterwards to one seamless image. To get the exact the same
            positioning (and leveling) of the shots I loaded both equirectangular images
            into PTgui set the control points by hand, optimized and re-rendered one of
            the panoramas. Finally I set manually a layer mask to combine the images
            (fireworks above the horizon, people below).

            Quite some work, but it was worth it...

            Best regards,

            Matthias

            --
            Matthias Taugwalder
            matthias.taugwalder@...

          • Martin Hrdlicka
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007
              <matthias.taugwalder@...> wrote:

              > Acutally it's a bit more complicated than that... It was shot with a
              D200
              > and 10.5mm lens... Stitched in PTgui.
              >
              > The "secret" is the following, the panorama consists of two different
              > panoramas: One for the people at about 1/25s shutter speed, the
              other one
              > for the fireworks was at 2-4s exposure time. For the fireworks I shot
              > continous shots and blended these different layers (about 30-40
              different
              > images) afterwards to one seamless image. To get the exact the same
              > positioning (and leveling) of the shots I loaded both
              equirectangular images
              > into PTgui set the control points by hand, optimized and re-rendered
              one of
              > the panoramas. Finally I set manually a layer mask to combine the images
              > (fireworks above the horizon, people below).
              >
              > Quite some work, but it was worth it...
              > Best regards,
              >
              > Matthias

              Yes. Absolutely !!

              Honestly I awaited similar answer. I was not sure only about a lens.
              I saw your pano from Klein Matterhorn and on WWP you mentioned your
              gear - D200+10,5.

              You did great job. Congratulation.

              Best regards

              Martin