RE: [PanoToolsNG] What's an offline iPad app that works flawlessly with the Gyro

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013

      I see both goodreader and html books have the same issue.

      Without aspect locked, if you rotate before activating the gyro it’s off 90.

      As long as you engage the gyro before you change orientation it will work in both portrait or landscape.

      Safari doesn’t have this problem.

      Best Regards,

      Sacha Griffin

      http://www.seeit360.com

      http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

      http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

      IM: sachagriffin007@...

      Office: 404-551-4275

      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013

        Hi Sacha,
        I’m not having any problems with GoodReader/Portrait/Gyro. I followed your steps, but I was not able to reproduce the bug. All is working flawlessly. That’s strange. What GoodReader and KRPano versions are you using? What settings did you set for the gyro plugin?
        Thanks and best regards,

        Hans

        Hans von Weissenfluh
        360° & Commercial Photography
        Virtual Tours
        Web Design
        Graphic Design
        Genoa - Florence
        Web
        www.hvweb.net

        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013
          I tried aldos plugin example and also my projects. Loaded it and changed the orientation on the ipad. View is now 90 degrees off.

          Sacha Griffin
          Office: 404-551-4275

          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013

            Sacha now I see your problem....
            I don't have the problem in daily life... First in prefs of iPad the mute button is changed to the rotation lock button.I consider the rotation lock for the iPad crucial. That means I use the iPad always locked in landscape at least for panos.....

            Regarding the full screen button... If you have on in your virtual tour, it works and I don't have in HTML books the problem of good reader where full screen has no escape... However HTML book keeps a menu bar , which doesn't bother me either.

            Sent from my iPad

            Willy Kaemena

            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013
              I know how to overcome the problem, just trying to make things easiest as possble for clients.
              The menu bar is essy for clients.. I will still use goodreader for my personal presentions. I never had a problem escaping. Simply open the console and tap once.

              Sacha Griffin
              Office: 404-551-4275

              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013

                At the moment I can’t check it, but usually I set camroll="false" and velastic=”0.8”. I don’t know if it could be related, but that’s the only difference with default settings for the plugin that comes to my mind. Anyway, I’ll let you know.

                Message 7 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013
                  There is no problem with the plugin or its settings. The built in browsers are buggy. Facebooks used to be the same but i think its fixed.

                  Sacha Griffin
                  Office: 404-551-4275

                  Message 8 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013

                    If there’s no problem  with the plugin, I can tell you that GoodReader v.3.14.0 is working fine with it.

                    Hans

                    Message 9 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013
                      I'm afraid you've misunderstood my posts.

                      Sacha Griffin
                      Office: 404-551-4275

                      Message 10 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013

                        Hi Sacha
                        I have one pano in HTML books which was made with Pano2VR and the gyro behaves correct when turning portrait !!!

                        Sent from my iPad

                        Willy Kaemena

                        Message 11 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013
                          Interesting. Do you have a link i can try?

                          Sacha Griffin
                          Office: 404-551-4275

                          Message 12 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013

                            Dear Sacha,

                            I’m convinced that I had understood what you posted :-)  Sorry that I couldn’t be clear enough.
                            GoodReader doesn’t completely like the camroll set to “true”. Turning camroll off solves the 90 degrees off problem (on GoodReader v.3.14.0), though, obviously, you lose the roll.
                            Now I’ve just made a real test loading a tour on my iPad, leaving the gyro plugin to its default settings (camroll=”true”). The 90 deg problem is right there, I see that turning the iPad by 90 degrees, the image is rotated by 90 more and the x and y axes detection is inverted. Setting camroll to “false” solves the problem with that version of GoodReader, but only if you can live without cam roll.

                            Message 13 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013
                              Yes,
                              That could be and idea. I have the condition detected when it fails. I was just shutting off the gyro, but just turning off camroll may be a better idea.

                              Thanks.

                              Sacha Griffin
                              Office: 404-551-4275

                              Message 14 of 22 , Mar 18, 2013

                                I’m glad that I could share an alternative.

                                Best,

                                Hans

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Mar 19, 2013

                                    > Goodreader is ok.. but the gyro only activates in landscape. I emailed them
                                    > a couple times and they just ignored me.

                                    Have you tried Sites-2-Go HD

                                    It has just been updated to use dropbox also.
                                    Works quite good but there is no explanation how to do it.

                                    You need to open from dropbox first and download your zip.
                                    Then mark it and from the open button at top right you choose Site -2-Go.

                                    I hate Gyro but I made a test and it works fine both in portrait and landscape.

                                    It also has fullscreen by shaking the iPad. It works fine now in the new version when you learned how to do the shake.
                                    There is also a nice option to scroll between the open virtual tours

                                    Hans