Re: HDR tools for Large Panos

  • David
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 5, 2013
      One more comment on this. LR4 brings many new features that I don't think can be done in ACR. The LR develop adjustments are also brushable for local application. In addition the photo manangemnt features are very extensive and are really helping me get a grip on my thousands of images. I do find LR spot repair festures to be more awkward than I would like. I would like to have PS, but can't quite justify the cost for that for the 5% of features I don't have apps for already. Do I sound like a fan of LR4?

      Why can't I edit these posts after pushing the send button too soon?

      > to be precise: there isn't anything you can do in lightroom you can't
      > do in camera raw as they're using the same engine.

    • Keith Martin
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 5, 2013
        > Why can't I edit these posts after pushing the send button too soon?

        Because this is email!
        :)

      • Ben Thompson
        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 5, 2013
          Thanks for the more detailed instructions.

          Unfortunately, whilst I got this to work on a 1GB .hdr file it didn't
          work on a 6GB file. The file isn't corrupted because loads OK into
          Photomatix, but when it is processed by Photshop it shows up as a
          10000x20000 image when it is in fact 80000x23000.

          Back to the old cutting and pasting technique I guess :-)

        • Hans
          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 5, 2013
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "David" <dburton97128@...> wrote:

            > One more comment on this. LR4 brings many new features that I don't think can be done in ACR. The LR develop adjustments are also brushable for local application. In addition the photo manangemnt features are very extensive and are really helping me get a grip on my thousands of images. I do find LR spot repair festures to be more awkward than I would like. I would like to have PS, but can't quite justify the cost for that for the 5% of features I don't have apps for already. Do I sound like a fan of LR4?

            Obviously you never used ACR. The tools in ACR have maybe a different interface but they are the same.
            The local adjustment brush has been in ACR for several years. I have CS4 - CS 5 and CS6 installed and can use them all at same time. The adjustment brush is already in CS4 ACR.

            Hans

            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 6, 2013
              Am 06.03.2013 00:50, schrieb David:

              > Why can't I edit these posts after pushing the send button too soon?

              Because this is a mailing list. The mail has gone out...

              If you want to edit your posts use your mail reader and configure it to
              send mail later.

              Erik Krause
            • David
              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 6, 2013
                Actually I was posting on the forum page. It must send out the emails as soon as the post is submitted. Other forums I use allow editing and don't send instant emails out (only once per day or so) so a preson gets a chance to fix speeling , etc.

                > Am 06.03.2013 00:50, schrieb David:
                >
                > > Why can't I edit these posts after pushing the send button too soon?
                >
                > Because this is a mailing list. The mail has gone out...
                >
                > If you want to edit your posts use your mail reader and configure it to
                > send mail later.
                >
                > Erik Krause

              • David
                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 6, 2013
                  I have used older versions of ACR, but not for a while, and not what is current. Admonition accepted :-)

                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 6, 2013
                    Am 06.03.2013 20:36, schrieb David:
                    > Actually I was posting on the forum page. It must send out the
                    > emails as soon as the post is submitted. Other forums I use allow
                    > editing and don't send instant emails out (only once per day or so)
                    > so a preson gets a chance to fix speeling , etc.

                    This is no forum, it's a *mailing list*. There is a web frontend, but
                    it's main purpose is to deliver mails to all members.

                  • AYRTON
                    Message 9 of 26 , Mar 7, 2013
                      On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 4:36 PM, David <dburton97128@...> wrote:
                      Actually I was posting on the forum page.  It must send out the emails as soon as the post is submitted.  Other forums I use allow editing  and don't send instant emails out (only once per day or so) so a preson gets a chance to fix speeling , etc.

                      David

                      Yahoo Groups is NOT a forum !!!

                      Completely different solutions
                      :-)

                      best

                      > Am 06.03.2013 00:50, schrieb David:
                      >
                      > > Why can't I edit these posts after pushing the send button too soon?
                      >
                      > Because this is a mailing list. The mail has gone out...
                      >
                      > If you want to edit your posts use your mail reader and configure it to
                      > send mail later.
                      >
                      > Erik Krause

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional