Comparison of Autopano with other tools

  • kilgore661@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2013
      I'd like to hear from people that have used recent versions of Autopano and PTGui (or other tools). I have used Autopano for several years but I'm wondering whether there is better software out there. I guess whether or not one tools is "better" than another depends on what you want the tool for. In my case I spend most of my time making small 360 full spherical HDR panos. By "small" I mean around 8 rows by 6 columns and by "HDR" I mean tone mapped or fused images made from bracketed sets of images. However, I also like to make much larger panoramas made from hundreds of images.

      I'd specifically like to know how the most recent version of PTGui compares with Autopano in regard to HDR and large image sets.