360 in Windows issue

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 25, 2013
      I've got a 360 that seems to play well on Macs and iOS devices.

      It's giving PC users a problem. I can't get it to display in Windows Explorer (under Parallels on my Mac). A fresh copy of Flash Player 11 for Windows is installed, but IE doesn't seem to recognize it.

      Firefox for Windows pulls up the image but ... it's a mirror image of the correct display. It doesn't spin right and the cube panels are evident. Very odd.

      Pano output via Pano2VR, SWF and HTML5 files.

      http://www.lassiter.com/vr/acc/Dive.html

      Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

      Tom Lassiter
    • Keith Martin
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 25, 2013
        On 25 Feb 2013, at 15:16, "Tom" <tom@...> wrote:

        > I've got a 360 that seems to play well on Macs and iOS devices.

        I can confirm this – but I can't help with the Windows problem, sorry!
        I thought I'd just chip in and say nice burst-mode capture of the dive. It looks a trifle soft, but it's a great record of the moment.

        (It's a shame the girls to the left weren't more attentive! That's a problem we all have to face with capturing an apparent moment in time using multiple shots: sometimes onlookers seem oblivious to events in the final composite image. :-)

        Good luck!

        Keith
      • panokaemena
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 25, 2013
          Tom for any unknown reason your pano has a preference to show in HTLM5, even with the presence of FLASH.. that seems to be the issue..

          Willy

          On Feb 25, 2013, at 16:36, Keith Martin <keith@...> wrote:

          > On 25 Feb 2013, at 15:16, "Tom" <tom@...> wrote:
          >
          >> I've got a 360 that seems to play well on Macs and iOS devices.
          >
          > I can confirm this – but I can't help with the Windows problem, sorry!
          > I thought I'd just chip in and say nice burst-mode capture of the dive. It looks a trifle soft, but it's a great record of the moment.
          >
          > (It's a shame the girls to the left weren't more attentive! That's a problem we all have to face with capturing an apparent moment in time using multiple shots: sometimes onlookers seem oblivious to events in the final composite image. :-)
          >
          > Good luck!
          >
          > Keith
          >
          > ------------------------------------

        • Tom
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 25, 2013
            Thanks, Willy & Keith. Will backtrack and recheck the output files.

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, panokaemena@... wrote:

            > Tom for any unknown reason your pano has a preference to show in HTLM5, even with the presence of FLASH.. that seems to be the issue..
            >

            > Willy
            >
            > On Feb 25, 2013, at 16:36, Keith Martin <keith@...> wrote:
            >
            > > On 25 Feb 2013, at 15:16, "Tom" <tom@...> wrote:
            > >
            > >> I've got a 360 that seems to play well on Macs and iOS devices.
            > >
            > > I can confirm this – but I can't help with the Windows problem, sorry!
            > > I thought I'd just chip in and say nice burst-mode capture of the dive. It looks a trifle soft, but it's a great record of the moment.
            > >
            > > (It's a shame the girls to the left weren't more attentive! That's a problem we all have to face with capturing an apparent moment in time using multiple shots: sometimes onlookers seem oblivious to events in the final composite image. :-)
            > >
            > > Good luck!
            > >
            > > Keith

          • Briar
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 25, 2013

              Works fine here on IE

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 25, 2013
                I looked at in in Google Chrome Portable and in IE on a Win XP Pro SP3 32 bit machine.
                It looks good to me.  However, the rotation actions are opposite in the two browsers.  In IE the mouse action corresponds to turning your head -- drag right and you see right, while in Chrome it corresponds to dragging the pano - drag right and you see to the left.
                Jack