Re: [PanoToolsNG] 320

  • hdrv
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 23, 2013
      Le 22 févr. 13 à 03:20, Jeffrey Martin a écrit :

      > i stitched a new pano, shot by myself, holger schulze, and tom mills.
      >
      > we made it mostly to annoy hans nyberg but it also managed to get me
      > on TV yesterday.

      your motivation is so small that i think this image is not worth
      looking at.

      Romuald
    • SKAL
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
        Il 22/02/2013 11:20, panokaemena@... ha scritto:
        > The pole has a hight of 177m http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_Tower

        I was not talking about the tower itself, but the pole where you
        installed the panohead ... :)

        SKAL
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 16, 2013
          Am 22.02.2013 21:06, schrieb Erik Krause:
          > That's no surprise, since most likely this wasn't shot at f/4 which
          > would be needed to produce an effective resolution of 320 GP for a
          > spherical panorama. Higher aperture values cause more blurring due to
          > diffraction. Seehttp://wiki.panotools.org/Diffraction#Resolution for
          > details. The extender doesn't increase the resolution since the
          > effective aperture is changed as well: The table shows the same values
          > for 800mm f/8 and 400mm f/4.

          I was informed that actually the panorama was shot at f/2.8 which means
          effective f/5.6 at 800mm. The diffraction limit for a spherical panorama
          shot with that parameters is almost 900 gigapixel. Hence the resolution
          of the panorama is well within the physical limits. Sorry for false
          assumption!

        • Luca Vascon
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 23, 2013
            No need for a pole!!
            Only the stitch of 4 or more partial panos.

            2013/2/24 SKAL <sir_kalot@...>
            Il 22/02/2013 11:20, panokaemena@... ha scritto:
            > The pole has a hight of 177m http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_Tower

            I was not talking about the tower itself, but the pole where you
            installed the panohead ... :)

            SKAL

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional