Re: [PanoToolsNG] 320

  • Fernando Costa Pinto
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 22, 2013

      On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Fernando Costa Pinto <fcp.fernando@...> wrote:
      This one is beautifull too ..and has audio from the places you zoom !! very very well done ..
      ah ..and the pole has a high of  309,6 m srsrs

      On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 7:20 AM, <panokaemena@...> wrote:

      The pole has a hight of 177m   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_Tower

      Willz

      On Feb 22, 2013, at 9:51, SKAL <sir_kalot@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      sorry for the maybe silly question, but how tall was the pole you used
      to do this great job ?

      There is somewhere the stream in the net about your job?

      SKAL

      --
      71 9906 9966 vivo
      71 9173 2722 tim

      --
      71 9906 9966 vivo
      71 9173 2722 tim
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 22, 2013
        Am 22.02.2013 10:29, schrieb John Houghton:
        > A really impressive result with excellent sharpness maintained even
        > when zoomed right in. However there is a disturbing abrupt change in
        > image quality as you zoom out - and not a change for the better,
        > either. There's a nasty heavy handed processed look - presumably an
        > attempt to brighten up a dull, low contrast image.

        If you zoom in you get a good resolution until there is a step where
        another image is loaded. Not perfectly registered and with different
        contrast. This image doesn't add more details. It only increases the image.

        That's no surprise, since most likely this wasn't shot at f/4 which
        would be needed to produce an effective resolution of 320 GP for a
        spherical panorama. Higher aperture values cause more blurring due to
        diffraction. See http://wiki.panotools.org/Diffraction#Resolution for
        details. The extender doesn't increase the resolution since the
        effective aperture is changed as well: The table shows the same values
        for 800mm f/8 and 400mm f/4.

        This is the end of the gigapixel race.

      • hdrv
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 23, 2013
          Le 22 févr. 13 à 03:20, Jeffrey Martin a écrit :

          > i stitched a new pano, shot by myself, holger schulze, and tom mills.
          >
          > we made it mostly to annoy hans nyberg but it also managed to get me
          > on TV yesterday.

          your motivation is so small that i think this image is not worth
          looking at.

          Romuald
        • SKAL
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
            Il 22/02/2013 11:20, panokaemena@... ha scritto:
            > The pole has a hight of 177m http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_Tower

            I was not talking about the tower itself, but the pole where you
            installed the panohead ... :)

            SKAL
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 16 10:20 AM
              Am 22.02.2013 21:06, schrieb Erik Krause:
              > That's no surprise, since most likely this wasn't shot at f/4 which
              > would be needed to produce an effective resolution of 320 GP for a
              > spherical panorama. Higher aperture values cause more blurring due to
              > diffraction. Seehttp://wiki.panotools.org/Diffraction#Resolution for
              > details. The extender doesn't increase the resolution since the
              > effective aperture is changed as well: The table shows the same values
              > for 800mm f/8 and 400mm f/4.

              I was informed that actually the panorama was shot at f/2.8 which means
              effective f/5.6 at 800mm. The diffraction limit for a spherical panorama
              shot with that parameters is almost 900 gigapixel. Hence the resolution
              of the panorama is well within the physical limits. Sorry for false
              assumption!

            • Luca Vascon
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 23 5:50 PM
                No need for a pole!!
                Only the stitch of 4 or more partial panos.

                2013/2/24 SKAL <sir_kalot@...>
                Il 22/02/2013 11:20, panokaemena@... ha scritto:
                > The pole has a hight of 177m http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_Tower

                I was not talking about the tower itself, but the pole where you
                installed the panohead ... :)

                SKAL

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional