320

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 21, 2013

      i stitched a new pano, shot by myself, holger schulze, and tom mills.

      we made it mostly to annoy hans nyberg but it also managed to get me on TV yesterday.

    • Robert Slade
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 21, 2013
        Great work Jeffrey, saw you on national TV this week - fascinating story
        behind how the pano was created. Good to put a face to the name"
        Rob
        --

        --
        Robert Slade, Photographer
        Manor Photography 07890 564889
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 22, 2013
          Hi,

          sorry for the maybe silly question, but how tall was the pole you used
          to do this great job ?

          There is somewhere the stream in the net about your job?

          SKAL

          Il 22/02/2013 00:20, Jeffrey Martin ha scritto:

          > i stitched a new pano, shot by myself, holger schulze, and tom mills.
          >
          > we made it mostly to annoy hans nyberg but it also managed to get me on
          > TV yesterday.
          >
          > http://btlondon2012.co.uk/pano.html

        • John Houghton
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 22, 2013
            A really impressive result with excellent sharpness maintained even when zoomed right in. However there is a disturbing abrupt change in image quality as you zoom out - and not a change for the better, either. There's a nasty heavy handed processed look - presumably an attempt to brighten up a dull, low contrast image.

            John

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Martin <panoramas@...> wrote:

            > i stitched a new pano, shot by myself, holger schulze, and tom mills.
            >
            > we made it mostly to annoy hans nyberg but it also managed to get me on TV
            > yesterday.
            >
            > http://btlondon2012.co.uk/pano.html

          • panokaemena
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 22, 2013
              The pole has a hight of 177m   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_Tower

              Willz

              On Feb 22, 2013, at 9:51, SKAL <sir_kalot@...> wrote:

              Hi,

              sorry for the maybe silly question, but how tall was the pole you used
              to do this great job ?

              There is somewhere the stream in the net about your job?

              SKAL

              Il 22/02/2013 00:20, Jeffrey Martin ha scritto:

              > i stitched a new pano, shot by myself, holger schulze, and tom mills.
              >
              > we made it mostly to annoy hans nyberg but it also managed to get me on
              > TV yesterday.
              >
              > http://btlondon2012.co.uk/pano.html

            • Fernando Costa Pinto
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 22, 2013
                This one is beautifull too ..and has audio from the places you zoom !! very very well done ..
                ah ..and the pole has a high of  309,6 m srsrs

                On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 7:20 AM, <panokaemena@...> wrote:

                The pole has a hight of 177m   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_Tower

                Willz

                On Feb 22, 2013, at 9:51, SKAL <sir_kalot@...> wrote:

                Hi,

                sorry for the maybe silly question, but how tall was the pole you used
                to do this great job ?

                There is somewhere the stream in the net about your job?

                SKAL

                Il 22/02/2013 00:20, Jeffrey Martin ha scritto:

                > i stitched a new pano, shot by myself, holger schulze, and tom mills.
                >
                > we made it mostly to annoy hans nyberg but it also managed to get me on
                > TV yesterday.
                >
                > http://btlondon2012.co.uk/pano.html

                --
                71 9906 9966 vivo
                71 9173 2722 tim
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 22, 2013

                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 22, 2013
                    Am 22.02.2013 10:29, schrieb John Houghton:
                    > A really impressive result with excellent sharpness maintained even
                    > when zoomed right in. However there is a disturbing abrupt change in
                    > image quality as you zoom out - and not a change for the better,
                    > either. There's a nasty heavy handed processed look - presumably an
                    > attempt to brighten up a dull, low contrast image.

                    If you zoom in you get a good resolution until there is a step where
                    another image is loaded. Not perfectly registered and with different
                    contrast. This image doesn't add more details. It only increases the image.

                    That's no surprise, since most likely this wasn't shot at f/4 which
                    would be needed to produce an effective resolution of 320 GP for a
                    spherical panorama. Higher aperture values cause more blurring due to
                    diffraction. See http://wiki.panotools.org/Diffraction#Resolution for
                    details. The extender doesn't increase the resolution since the
                    effective aperture is changed as well: The table shows the same values
                    for 800mm f/8 and 400mm f/4.

                    This is the end of the gigapixel race.

                  • hdrv
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 23, 2013
                      Le 22 févr. 13 à 03:20, Jeffrey Martin a écrit :

                      > i stitched a new pano, shot by myself, holger schulze, and tom mills.
                      >
                      > we made it mostly to annoy hans nyberg but it also managed to get me
                      > on TV yesterday.

                      your motivation is so small that i think this image is not worth
                      looking at.

                      Romuald
                    • SKAL
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
                        Il 22/02/2013 11:20, panokaemena@... ha scritto:
                        > The pole has a hight of 177m http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_Tower

                        I was not talking about the tower itself, but the pole where you
                        installed the panohead ... :)

                        SKAL
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 16 10:20 AM
                          Am 22.02.2013 21:06, schrieb Erik Krause:
                          > That's no surprise, since most likely this wasn't shot at f/4 which
                          > would be needed to produce an effective resolution of 320 GP for a
                          > spherical panorama. Higher aperture values cause more blurring due to
                          > diffraction. Seehttp://wiki.panotools.org/Diffraction#Resolution for
                          > details. The extender doesn't increase the resolution since the
                          > effective aperture is changed as well: The table shows the same values
                          > for 800mm f/8 and 400mm f/4.

                          I was informed that actually the panorama was shot at f/2.8 which means
                          effective f/5.6 at 800mm. The diffraction limit for a spherical panorama
                          shot with that parameters is almost 900 gigapixel. Hence the resolution
                          of the panorama is well within the physical limits. Sorry for false
                          assumption!

                        • Luca Vascon
                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 23 5:50 PM
                            No need for a pole!!
                            Only the stitch of 4 or more partial panos.

                            2013/2/24 SKAL <sir_kalot@...>
                            Il 22/02/2013 11:20, panokaemena@... ha scritto:
                            > The pole has a hight of 177m http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_Tower

                            I was not talking about the tower itself, but the pole where you
                            installed the panohead ... :)

                            SKAL

                            <*> Your email settings:
                                Individual Email | Traditional