Re: Immerse yourself with Beck and Sound and Vision using 360 video

  • Aldo Hoeben
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
      > Immerse your self into Sound and Vision, Beck reimagined Bowie's Sound
      > and Vision. An amazing job. It is worth the download.
      >
      > http://www.hello-again.com/beck360/main/beck360.html

      * squint at the camera rigs *

      Are those... gopros? If so, the biggest question is how they got them all stable enough, without them crapping out due to overheating, sdcard issues or whatever.
    • Aldo Hoeben
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
        > > http://www.hello-again.com/beck360/main/beck360.html
        >
        > * squint at the camera rigs *
        >
        > Are those... gopros?

        Yes. In a 360heros rig:
        http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/02/beck-360-degree-online-video/
        Impressive low light performance, and good blending too.
      • Ken Warner
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 20, 2013
          You must be a powerful squinter -- all I see is a black window.

          On 2/19/2013 11:45 PM, Aldo Hoeben wrote:
          >> Immerse your self into Sound and Vision, Beck reimagined Bowie's Sound
          >> and Vision. An amazing job. It is worth the download.
          >>
          >> http://www.hello-again.com/beck360/main/beck360.html
          >
          > * squint at the camera rigs *
          >
          > Are those... gopros? If so, the biggest question is how they got them all stable enough, without them crapping out due to overheating, sdcard issues or whatever.

        • panokaemena
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 20, 2013
            yes what is hanging  over the  center of the stage are clearly a bunch of GoPros.!!  if you see only a black window.... then  this impressive video is still not ready loaded !! even with a very fast internet ( dl 1.6Mb/s)  it takes unbelievable long time. I am sure 90% of the viewers will give up and think that this is only a black picture.....

            It is  really the most impressive 360ยบ video ( in fact 3 videos) which I have ever seen.

            Willy

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 21, 2013
              More on the rig, the 3d printing of the rig, and the Beck shoot here:
              http://cubify.com/blog/cubex-entrepreneurs-360-heros-camera-used-in-new-beck-video/