Re: Technical question on PT coordinate system

  • Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17 12:07 PM
      Thank you Jim and Erik.

      The references on PTStitcher are helpful.

      I am having a devil of a time figuring out how to apply PTGui y,p,r to a panosphere having a right-handed coordinate system (meaning my X axis points left) Like PT, view is centered on (0,0,1) at y=p=r=0. Inverting the X axis in the rotation matrix seems to give correct alignments, however my projection mapping fns then fail.

      I need to invert the hand again without losing the alignment, this is surely possible but I can't find the right way to do it.

      Alternatively I could revert to left-handed coords, which Panini used for a long time, but I feel a bit stubborn since it took some effort to convert everything to right-handed.

      -- Tom

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17 2:51 PM
        Am 17.02.2013 21:07, schrieb Thomas:
        > I need to invert the hand again without losing the alignment, this is
        > surely possible but I can't find the right way to do it.

        Read on Euler angles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler_angles

        (This is the exact point where my knowledge ends ;-)