Which is sharper -- Samyang f2.8 or Samyang f3.5 fisheye?

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2013
      I was wondering if anyone has done a comparison test between the two Samyang fisheyes for NEX. Samyang/Rokinon has a 8mm f2.8 -- the new one -- and the first gneeration 8mm f3.5 with an E-mount

      The first generation fishey -- the f3.5 -- is getting cheap. It's big and clumsy compared to the f3.5 but maybe it's a better lens than the f2.8. It would be interesting to see a comparison. That's something that I don't have the resources to do.

      Has anyone done a comparison?
    • Thomas
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2013
        Hi Ken,

        I have both lenses and although I've not done a critical test I would say there is no difference in sharpness at f/5.6. The 2.8 has slightly sharper edges at f/3.5, and I have a feeling the 3.5 may control flare a bit better.

        -- Tom

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 19, 2013
          Thanks Tom. Good info.