Re: [PanoToolsNG] Html5 xml and image encyrption

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 82 , Feb 10, 2013
      On 10 Feb 2013, at 16:23, Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

      I don't find much REAL use for displaying panos on phones and small tablets

      While some don't, others do. For example, the two different organisations I'm doing pano work for at the moment both have mobile device support as a primary requirement. In my experience, iOS-friendly panos are a must, right here and now. Willy's recent posting of iOS usage stats is also interesting, and it shows that these so-called iToy things are getting significant use.

      Ormar made an interesting point; we *are* aiming for ever-higher resolution panoramas but have to accommodate devices with tighter memory requirements and smaller screens than we've seen on the desktop for a while. But we're still delivering to desktop-OS devices as well, and higher-res originals mean we can be more precise about production accuracy before we optimise output for smaller screens. (If anyone finds their work is always larger than they need, shoot and process at lower resolutions and speed up the workflow!)

      I teach publishing up to postgrad level, and I'm the technical editor of a major computer magazine; it's my business to have considered, professional opinions on these topics. Support these devices or don't, it's everyone's choice. But trust me, even if you don't like them, they're here to stay and they are a major part of everyone's future, one way or another. Hence my choice in tools.

    • nonchiedercilaparola
      Message 82 of 82 , May 20, 2013