Re: [PanoToolsNG] Html5 xml and image encyrption

  • Christian Bloch
    Message 1 of 82 , Feb 10, 2013
      Hmm… I see.

      The math for pin-pointing the current FOV in the map is easier in equirect. So could it be possible to use a tiled equirect? I mean, the cube map is used because it gives a better pixel yield under the current limitations and the cube is constructed from only 6 polygons. Is constructing a sphere out of - let's say - 288 polygons (12 by 24) completely out of the question? Provided the equirect is delivered in 288 tiles that match the polygons, wouldn't it be possible then?

      Blochi

      On Feb 10, 2013, at 9:24 AM, Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

       If equirectanguar images could be used for panos in mobile devices (while online and not as apps), this would be a straight forward thing to do, but we are limited to having to use cubefaces, and that is where the problem is.

    • nonchiedercilaparola
      Message 82 of 82 , May 20 8:49 AM