Re: [PanoToolsNG] Html5 xml and image encyrption

  • Christian Bloch
    Message 1 of 82 , Feb 10, 2013
      I completely agree with Erik here. Recent tablets have great screen resolution too, and that's why I think somebody really really needs to figure out this multi-resolution thing. Downscaling my panos to 1/5th of their resolution pains me so much, loosing all that detail, it almost makes the whole thing worthless.

      Googlemaps can do multi-resolution tiles without crashing. Not sure how they unload the memory, maybe they just recycle filenames of tiles that are currently out-of-view, but there must be some way…  I'm serious, multi-resolution is a core functionality that we really need!

      Blochi

      On Feb 10, 2013, at 7:23 AM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

      And given the fact that small monitors are held much closer to the eye
      usually, they are not that bad resolution-wise. Since a smartphone has
      approximately the size of your hand, just hold your hand in front of
      your monitor such that it is covered completely. This would be the
      distance to watch a pano at the same angle as on your monitor.

    • nonchiedercilaparola
      Message 82 of 82 , May 20, 2013