Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Html5 xml and image encyrption

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 82 , Feb 10, 2013
      Small hands/big phones ??

      A Nexus7 tablet is smaller than my hand .... and the (7 inch) screen on it is way too small for me to view content on it comfortably - even using my reading glasses.

      Good enough for a quick and dirty look at something for sure, very handy and quick to operate (much more so than having to open up a latop, start it up and finally get to the part where the content is... but still too small... and then there are the smartphones.  I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII here at home, and even though it is considerably bigger than iPhone. It's simply not a tool to be used for other than "visual emergencies" and phone calls (you probably all remember those things... calling and talking to someone rather than texting or videoing or voice mailing or chatting)... and even for phone calls, today's phones provide idiotically small dialing buttons, because there has to be space for the whole alphabet and arrow keys and numbers and enter and space and special characters on the keyboards as well.  My fingers imitate the size of standard sausages, and cover at least 4 keys on a physical keyboard on half-smart phones.

      Maybe I'm just the kind of an old, blind and clumsy troll that the small device designers decided to ignore by default :)

      In any case... I don't find much REAL use for displaying panos on phones and small tablets, while I do acknowledge the ease of use (if one can see and operate the nano sized controls), and showing the concept of panos is also quick and easy to do using those devices.  A welcome addition to displaying panos for sure, but not a replacement.  Just as an iPod nano in today's form can't compete with movie theaters in terms of visual experience.

      Written and sent from the PC desktop of the big Mole-visioned-Sausage-fingered troll by the name of Trausti

      On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

      Since a smartphone has
      approximately the size of your hand....

      Erik Krause