Re: Full circle in 1080p 5D mark II

  • jrgen_schrader
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2013
      640 x 480 uses the same aspect ratio as the sensor but 1080p means 1920 x 1080 which is a different aspect ratio and therefore the VOF is cropped. So unfortunately no full circles with 8mm in video mode.

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "thirty78" wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I´m trying to get a full circle recording in 1080p using a 5D mark II with a Sigma 8mm 1:4 EX. So far have I only bin able to get the 640x480 full circle. I have used multiple step-up rings and a Nikon fisheye converter FC-E8 on a EF 24-70mm but it get blurry edges. I have also used a apc-s fisheye but only got a very small image.
      > /Gunnar

    • jimbo
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 9, 2013
        Gunnar,
        Jrgen is correct but I wouldn't abandon ship with video as yet. I think most of us need to really look at the potential of video.. Canon now has a DSLR that shoots 4K video... It's been available since around Oct / Nov of last year...They are the first.. The Red cameras can shoot 4 & 5k video ... Their is an 8k video spec.. Anyway 4K is 4096 x 3072  in Full aperture storage format but generally used @ 4096 x 2160 .. The 5K spec is 5120 x 2700 so around 20%+ more. The concept of rotating video frames is something that should be looked at. Anyway we do what we do now but I think opportunities for doing something different will show up..

        jimbo
        I´m trying to get a full circle recording in 1080p using a 5D mark II with a Sigma 8mm 1:4 EX. So far have I only bin able to get the 640x480 full circle. I have used multiple step-up rings and a Nikon fisheye converter FC-E8 on a EF 24-70mm but it get blurry edges. I have also used a apc-s fisheye but only got a very small image.
        /Gunnar

        No virus found in this message.