Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Html5 xml and image encyrption

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 82 , Feb 8, 2013
      Not moving goal posts?  Tell that to Apple while you have that thought :)

      Actually you are right, simply because I didn't write exactly what I had in mind... I corrected that a bit later.  People were saying that the encryption didn't work, and it does work perfectly.  Both for the images and the xml.  Same thing.

      People said they could get the images from OpenGL ... no proof, and not possible from what I learned by trying to do just that.

      Screenshots are possible, and then there is the possibility of shooting pictures of the screen with a camera too.

      Neither method gives the same result as having the original imagery.  100% protection is an illusion, but no protection is just being plain stupid.  None of us would build our home without walls or doors... some protection is needed... and most of us use door locks on the exterior doors.  That is what the encryption should be seen as.  People can still walk past the house and steal pictures from the outer surface and even peek in the windows, but they won't get the same quality of imagery as if they were actually inside.

      Keep the pano if you like :)

      Trausti

      On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 6:11 AM, Jeffrey Martin <panoramas@...> wrote:

      Trausti,

      your original "challenge" was not to get the xml, rather, to make a useful pano. don't move the goalposts, dude! this is what you said:

      "Here you have a project that has been encrypted, and you are more than
      welcome to take the images from the browser cache and do with them as you
      like... or in some other magical way turn this into a usable panorama on
      your end: http://goo.gl/Q9wyB"

      I guess if someone stole your pano, you would not care if they did it via screenshots? Or you only go after them if they steal it "the right way" by stealing the xml? :)

      Anyway, i'm asking "what is your end game" not regarding this security, but more in response to Sacha's comment. Seems like your tool would be much better - and sell a lot more - if it was based on krpano.

      your pano is still on 360cities, it will earn enough ad revenue to buy you a beer when you come to prague. unless you want me to remove it?

      cheers,
      jeffrey

    • nonchiedercilaparola
      Message 82 of 82 , May 20, 2013