Raspberry PI camera

  • Aldo Hoeben
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2013
      Time for another wave of DIY panoramic video camera?
      http://www.wired.com/design/2013/02/raspberry-pi-camera-module/

      The RaspberryPI itself may be a bit bigger to stack a couple of them together than we might like, but the camera module might allow for full control over whitebalance, exposure and gain than with a gopro.
    • Keith Martin
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2013
        On 6 Feb 2013, at 21:57, "Aldo Hoeben" <aldo@...> wrote:

        Time for another wave of DIY panoramic video camera?
        http://www.wired.com/design/2013/02/raspberry-pi-camera-module/

        I wasn't exactly encouraged by this: "Makers won’t be able to change lenses, add physical filters, or even zoom, but the camera module will be capable of HD video capture" – at 5MP with a fixed lens, it's not all that pano-friendly. But as a DIY GoPro it could be really something. Maybe a video pano device in the making?