Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Html5 xml and image encyrption

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 82 , Feb 3, 2013
      On 3 Feb 2013, at 00:30, Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

      @Matthew Rogers
      Well, I could be bothered to try your claim.
      Lesson learned: OpenGL Profiler crashed repeatedly, and it could not get a single cubeface from the project.  Thereby your claim has been proven to be wrong.

      Care to post a sample online for others to try? I mean, if you're getting all feisty about it then why not make it a challenge? I'd love to help. :)

      @Christian Bloch
      If I ever get to be your employee, I would possibly accept having you to tell me what to spend my time on.  Fact being that you don't have me in your employment...... you can figure out the rest.

      I am certain that Christian didn't mean it as an order. I actuallythink he's right, in that there are things that would make your product far more exciting to far more people. As you so clearly indicate, you can and will do as you like. Unsolicited feedback is normally worth what you pay for it. But unsolicited feedback from experts in the community that also contains many potential customers... that's definitely worth more than zero.

      @Sacha Griffin
      Sorry about your inability to understand the need/desire to use encryption as a part of the security, and your "Flash is unusable" comments are getting quite tired.  Live with the fact that Flash is still the best tool for content delivery, even though it is far from being perfect.  Try to put focus on the fact that iDevices are crippled by the producer, so they won't be able to display Flash content.

      Heh. This argument is so 2010. Stop complaining about "iDevices", remember that Adobe has *dropped* development of Flash for ALL mobile devices, and consider where the future lies. Don't skate to where the puck is (or was a year or two ago), skate to where it is going. You may not like where that is, but if you're going to continue to market software to people who want to market their work to others, you need to make sure your tools satisfy whatever major needs that may produce.

      Me, I'm happy to carry on publishing Flash-compatible versions of my pano work... but I won't ever do that without also providing HTML5 versions. Because of this I won't even consider using a tool that doesn't support that. But on the flipside, I'm always very keen to find software that increases feature parity between the two outputs, as much as is possible. I'm with Sacha on that.

    • nonchiedercilaparola
      Message 82 of 82 , May 20 8:49 AM