Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Nikon D800 & Nodal Ninja/Fanotec review posted on vrphotography.com

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2013
      Not only that, but people are running into their hosting account inode limit, finding themselves forced to look for new hosting services, having to move all their content from current hosting partner and set up things on the new hosting account, where they hope to be safe from the same or similar problems.  When people make multires panos, it is not enough they have a hosting account that promises "unlimited this and unlimited that"... there are limitations, and the inode is probably the worst of the limits that are not openly announced as "unlimited".  Most people have no idea there is such a limit, and that it can mess up their life.

      Inode limits only apply to UNIX and Linux servers, while Windows based servers are free from this.  The limit is reached if there are too many files being uploaded to the hosting account.  I know of someone in the panorama community who changed to a new hosting company after having different issues with the previous one... and a month later his account was full.  He couldn't upload any more files to it.

      This is something people need to keep in mind when making multires panos and when choosing hosting partners.

      Trausti

      On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 12:08 PM, jrgen_schrader <panorama@...> wrote:

      No multires on iOS in sight, and you will be surprised what the number of files generated with multires will do to your uploadspeed.

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2013
        Am 03.02.2013 13:23, schrieb Vortex:
        > So what's the ideal maximum equirect size for the 10.5mm and 16mm
        > Nikkor fisheyes on the D800's 36MP sensor? What's the method for
        > calculating this for different sensor resolutions?

        70% of what PTGui gives you as maximum resolution.

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2013
          Am 03.02.2013 23:44, schrieb Erik Krause:
          >> >So what's the ideal maximum equirect size for the 10.5mm and 16mm
          >> >Nikkor fisheyes on the D800's 36MP sensor? What's the method for
          >> >calculating this for different sensor resolutions?

          > 70% of what PTGui gives you as maximum resolution.

          And the calculation is found here:
          http://wiki.panotools.org/DSLR_spherical_resolution