Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Html5 xml and image encyrption

  • Quentin Desouza
    Message 1 of 82 , Jan 28, 2013
      Don't really work on mac platforms so don't know much about it.
      But would like to try on a PC when it is unbreakable :)
      Quentin.

      On 1/28/2013 11:19 PM, Matthew Rogers wrote:

      On OS X it's not possible, especially for HTML5 panoramas. You can simply use the OpenGL profile app, attach it to the browser and save out the images from the various buffers. Good luck stopping this from happening.

      Matt

      On 28 Jan 2013, at 17:45, Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

      It is possible yes, but I am of course not going to speak about it openly... that would only undermine the whole concept of trying to keep things as safe and protected as possible.

      On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Quentin Desouza <quentin@...> wrote:

      Ultimately the decryption has to take place on the user's PC!
      This means that reverse engineering the process is possible by a reasonably good software engineer!
      Any way most of this is theoretical.
      Tell me when it is a finished unbreakable product and I am willing to give it a shot.
      Quentin.

      On 1/28/2013 10:41 PM, Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:

      @Quentin Desouza
      The decryption doesn't take place on browser level, so that's not where the action would be, nor is it the Flash plugin doing the decryption.

      @ Ian Wood
      The screen grab destroyer is quite a smart solution, but if it will work generally for everything everywhere, and if it can be applied to flash and HTML5 panoramas... still remains to be seen.  Probably it can be circumvented in some way, as it is with everything in this world, but well worth looking into.

      @Keith Martin
      I'm not interested in wasting time (money) on things that turn out to be useless or un-doable... been there and tried that too many times.  A couple of days trying and testing if a concept works, is normally what it takes at most, and that is within acceptable limits.  Depending on the scale of the aftermath, one also has to do the math and filter out what may sound like a good idea, but which won't be in the end.

    • nonchiedercilaparola
      Message 82 of 82 , May 20, 2013