Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Html5 xml and image encyrption

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 82 , Jan 27, 2013
      Erik is right. And think about it. If you could do such retasking of fundamental browser actions from script in an HTML page, that would be a HUGE security hole. If image security becomes a more important issue than it is today, then maybe image encryption will be built into script interpreters -- maybe someday.

      On 1/27/2013 2:32 AM, Erik Krause wrote:
      > Am 26.01.2013 22:48, schrieb Trausti Hraunfjord:
      >> I have to agree with you after doing some digging. I was quoting from what
      >> I remembered from years ago ... IE days no less... I think this "solution"
      >> is what I came across, and it doesn't work in today's browsers:
      >> http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-482.html
      >>
      >> So... no go on that.
      >>
      >> Someone in the panorama community (Panoguide if my brain is not failing me
      >> on that account as well) did show an example of a copyright info being
      >> displayed when save image or print screen was used (don't remember which
      >> one, or if both were covered). That was probably 3-4 years ago... if that
      >> solution still works or not I don't know.
      >
      > There might be ways to disable Ctrl+PrintScreen buttons which activate
      > the OS print screen function on system level and may be ActivX still
      > allows for this, but there is no way in more secure browsers and
      > certainly there is no way around programs offering screen capture.

    • nonchiedercilaparola
      Message 82 of 82 , May 20 8:49 AM