Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Html5 xml and image encyrption

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 82 , Jan 26, 2013
      Haha ... no Kathy, that is going to be too much work for any thief, which is exactly why they prefer to simply steal imagery from the cache and use what they can get that way.  If they have to take screenshots and puzzle things together in order to try and get a usable tour... they won't move a finger.  Thieves are not the most worksome people, and even the screen grab feature can be blocked with a javascript (I don't provide that feature with P.Cocoon though).  The result from making screen grabs and try to match things up with stitching... it might end up costing so much in time and effort, that booking a flight to where the pano in question was shot, and shooting it again might prove to be faster and cheaper.

       A screen grab results in a serious degradation of image quality as well, so even if someone hell-bent on having a copy of a pano made from screen grabs, it would be like making a copy of an original painting by Rembrandt, and use yogurt with food colors as a replacement for proper oil paint.  It would not result in anything worth one's time and effort.

      I do expect the person behind the klobala nick, to provide irrefutable proof of his/her words, that the images can be stolen. If no such proof is provided, I will take that as a proof that he/she was just trolling.

      Trausti

      On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Kathy Wheeler <kathyw@...> wrote:
      minutes to spare) but I think in a week (whi

    • nonchiedercilaparola
      Message 82 of 82 , May 20, 2013