Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Html5 xml and image encyrption

  • Fernando Costa Pinto
    Message 1 of 82 , Jan 26, 2013
      Sacha ..it does load ..I see a manufacture plant

      On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Sacha Griffin <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

      Project doesn't load. Says flash is required.

      Sacha Griffin
      Office: 404-551-4275

      On Jan 26, 2013, at 1:08 PM, Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

      A real world challenging :)

      I'm sure you would never throw out some outlandish claims you couldn't back up in real life, so I do appreciate you taking the time to prove your claims, so that I would not be claiming something you have proven to be wrong.

      Here you have a project that has been encrypted, and you are more than welcome to take the images from the browser cache and do with them as you like... or in some other magical way turn this into a usable panorama on your end: http://goo.gl/Q9wyB

      Since you FULLY DISAGREE with my statement, I think it is only fair that you provide more than just a claim.  I provide a protected project, next move is yours.

      Final result: Build the same panorama (it is a simple one, no hotspots or other things to take care of), and provide a link to it when it is ready.  This project expires in exactly one week, which should be more than enough time for you to do your magic.... after all you did say: "encrypting a tour might make it slightly harder to "steal" the images, but not very much at all.".  I do ABSOLUTELY disagree with your claim, and unless you provide a PROOF in the form of the same panorama images being displayed on your server, using whatever player you desire, I will of course expect you to apologize for wrong statements and for trying to take a leak in my bed.

      I sincerely don't think you are anywhere close to wetting my bed - and that you might want to change your own bed-sheets before going to sleep :)

      In THEORY, the encryption can be broken by super computers, but who does have access to super computers, and who is so hell bent on getting some panoramic images, they would try to get those by using said super computers?  Point being: The images are safe and secure when encrypted, and won't be stolen by competitors or some sleazy panorama thiefs (that do stick up their ugly heads from time to time, making life miserable for the content creators and tour owners).

      Best regards, and good luck!

      Trausti

      On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 6:40 AM, giant_klobasa_monster <panoramas@...> wrote:

      i fully disagree.

      if you think that encrypting something that is shown on a website is going to help, I think you might be misunderstanding some of the implications of publishing on the web.

      if you are SHOWING your image on the web, the person looking at them, by definition, is downloading them to their computer (to their web cache, at least)

      encrypting a tour might make it slightly harder to "steal" the images, but not very much at all. and anyone who actually does want to steal it, will certainly know how to get around that.

      sorry to pee on your bed, or whatever the metaphor is here ;-)

      --
      71 9906 9966 vivo
      71 9173 2722 tim
      Message 82 of 82 , May 20, 2013