Re: Html5 xml and image encyrption

  • giant_klobasa_monster
    Message 1 of 82 , Jan 26, 2013
      i fully disagree.

      if you think that encrypting something that is shown on a website is going to help, I think you might be misunderstanding some of the implications of publishing on the web.

      if you are SHOWING your image on the web, the person looking at them, by definition, is downloading them to their computer (to their web cache, at least)

      encrypting a tour might make it slightly harder to "steal" the images, but not very much at all. and anyone who actually does want to steal it, will certainly know how to get around that.

      sorry to pee on your bed, or whatever the metaphor is here ;-)

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:

      > Encryption of your work and other security features are essential in order
      > to protect the work from being stolen. If a client has paid for a project,
      > let's just assume that it is an airplane museum, anyone can steal the
      > imagery that the client has paid for, if it is not secured. Not a very
      > professional way to deliver content. On the other side of the table we may
      > have to protect ourselves from less than decent clients who might run off
      > with a project without paying for it (after they get it for
      > proof-checking), or they may alter the tour after the tour has been paid
      > for (not a good thing to put one's name on some work that is then ruined by
      > people who change things or make things so badly that the tour won't work
      > as it should.
      >
      > There are many good and valid reasons for securing the work as well as
      > possible.
      >
      > Trausti
      >

      > On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 5:06 AM, SKAL wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Il 23/01/2013 19:06, needakeeper ha scritto:
      > >

      > > I will be using pano cocoon to handle encryption for the flash based tour,
      > > but I have been unable to find out what software I should use to encrypt
      > > the xml and images in the html5 tour.
      > >
      > > Can someone give me a recommendation?
      > >
      > > Thanks-Stephani
      > >
      > > Sorry for the noobie question, but why do you have to encrypt a pano?
      > >
      > > SKAL

    • nonchiedercilaparola
      Message 82 of 82 , May 20, 2013