Re: [PanoToolsNG] How to level the pole

  • Andy Anderson
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 25, 2013
      Google Eye-fi. ...it is a storage card that will wifi images from ur camera to a tablet or laptop

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jan 25, 2013, at 4:02 AM, "SKAL" <sir_kalot@...> wrote:

      Il 21/01/2013 10:33, Andy Anderson ha scritto:

      Wifi card

      Sent from my iPad

      What do you mean with that?

    • SKAL
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 25, 2013
        Il 25/01/2013 11:08, Andy Anderson ha scritto:

        Google Eye-fi. ...it is a storage card that will wifi images from ur camera to a tablet or laptop

        Hi Andy, this looks like a interestin stuff, the "problem" is that you can see the foto once it is done. As far I can see is that it gives you not the lifeview.

        Other thing is that the original questio was to know how to be sure that the pole is straight and you took all the panorama...

        anyway thank you for your answare :)

        SKAL
      • Jim Watters
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 25, 2013
          The pole does not need to be level. The camera lens needs to rotate around the
          No Parallax Point.

          In a crowd scene where the pictures need to be taken quickly to avoid people
          moving use a motorized that rotates the camera for you. Don't give the pole time
          to tilt.

          When the sun is out look at the shadow of the camera cast by the sun. Stand on
          the side of the pole where you can see the pole and the shadow. As you rotate
          the pole make sure the camera stays in the same relative position. If you are
          going to fill in the nadir after you also want the camera in the same spot. To
          do the nadir I walk away several feet. Raise the pole from the ground to my
          waist and hold it out at an angle.

          Instead of a shadow, can also use reflections or a third person.

          Easiest is to have split level on the pole keep the pole vertical. Don't over
          extend the pole.

          Even a bending pole like this.
          https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3915874/jimwithpole.jpg

          Give me this.
          http://photocreations.ca/camp/index.html?thanksgiving_2012_2#thanksgiving_2012_2

          The pole and camera out over the edge becomes very heavy. The fear of the water
          does not help. rotating the pole on the edge would cause it to roll and come
          loose where it is tucked into the edge of two boards.

          --
          Jim Watters
          http://photocreations.ca
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 25, 2013
            You don´t have to level perfect your pole. If it´s reasonably level, you will feel it: it will be easy to rotate. If you really need live view, google a fpv solution, like this ones: http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_50

            2013/1/25 SKAL <sir_kalot@...>

            Il 25/01/2013 11:08, Andy Anderson ha scritto:

            Google Eye-fi. ...it is a storage card that will wifi images from ur camera to a tablet or laptop

            Hi Andy, this looks like a interestin stuff, the "problem" is that you can see the foto once it is done. As far I can see is that it gives you not the lifeview.

            Other thing is that the original questio was to know how to be sure that the pole is straight and you took all the panorama...

            anyway thank you for your answare :)

            SKAL

            --
            L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
            felipe@...

          • John Riley
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 25, 2013

              On Jan 25, 2013, at 12:31 PM, Jim Watters wrote:

              Even a bending pole like this.
              https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3915874/jimwithpole.jpg

              Nice catch! My pond only has fish in it.

              John Riley
              4Pi-VR Media Solutions
              http://4pi-vr.com
              johnriley@...
              (h)864-461-3504
              (c)864-431-7075
              (w)864-503-5775

            • giant_klobasa_monster
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 26, 2013
                eye-fi card is a bit clunky and cludgey, i don't like it.

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, SKAL wrote:

                > Il 25/01/2013 11:08, Andy Anderson ha scritto:
                > > Google Eye-fi. ...it is a storage card that will wifi images from ur
                > > camera to a tablet or laptop
                >
                > Hi Andy, this looks like a interestin stuff, the "problem" is that you
                > can see the foto once it is done. As far I can see is that it gives you
                > not the lifeview.
                >
                > Other thing is that the original questio was to know how to be sure that
                > the pole is straight and you took all the panorama...
                >
                > anyway thank you for your answare :)
                >
                > SKAL

              • b_dohrmann
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 29, 2013