Re: [PanoToolsNG] How to level the pole

  • SKAL
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 25, 2013
      Il 21/01/2013 09:58, Willy Kaemena ha scritto:

      To be sure that you have covered the 360, shoot some more than the required minimum e.g. 4 shots around.
      The pole has not to be vertical or the cam horizontal.. But you have simply to maintain the axis of rotation at any angle. Alignment will be done in your stitching program like ptgui.

      Sent from my iPad

      Willy Kaemena

      Willy I agree with you about that, but this is the problem I was asking... hot to be shure to keep the same angle... And if the pole is quite long, any degree on the base, it is a big distance at the level of the camera...

      SKAL
    • SKAL
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 25, 2013
        Il 21/01/2013 10:33, Andy Anderson ha scritto:

        Wifi card

        Sent from my iPad

        What do you mean with that?
      • Andy Anderson

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 25, 2013
            Il 25/01/2013 11:08, Andy Anderson ha scritto:

            Google Eye-fi. ...it is a storage card that will wifi images from ur camera to a tablet or laptop

            Hi Andy, this looks like a interestin stuff, the "problem" is that you can see the foto once it is done. As far I can see is that it gives you not the lifeview.

            Other thing is that the original questio was to know how to be sure that the pole is straight and you took all the panorama...

            anyway thank you for your answare :)

            SKAL
          • Jim Watters
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 25, 2013
              The pole does not need to be level. The camera lens needs to rotate around the
              No Parallax Point.

              In a crowd scene where the pictures need to be taken quickly to avoid people
              moving use a motorized that rotates the camera for you. Don't give the pole time
              to tilt.

              When the sun is out look at the shadow of the camera cast by the sun. Stand on
              the side of the pole where you can see the pole and the shadow. As you rotate
              the pole make sure the camera stays in the same relative position. If you are
              going to fill in the nadir after you also want the camera in the same spot. To
              do the nadir I walk away several feet. Raise the pole from the ground to my
              waist and hold it out at an angle.

              Instead of a shadow, can also use reflections or a third person.

              Easiest is to have split level on the pole keep the pole vertical. Don't over
              extend the pole.

              Even a bending pole like this.
              https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3915874/jimwithpole.jpg

              Give me this.
              http://photocreations.ca/camp/index.html?thanksgiving_2012_2#thanksgiving_2012_2

              The pole and camera out over the edge becomes very heavy. The fear of the water
              does not help. rotating the pole on the edge would cause it to roll and come
              loose where it is tucked into the edge of two boards.

              --
              Jim Watters
              http://photocreations.ca
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 25, 2013
                You don´t have to level perfect your pole. If it´s reasonably level, you will feel it: it will be easy to rotate. If you really need live view, google a fpv solution, like this ones: http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_50

                2013/1/25 SKAL <sir_kalot@...>

                Il 25/01/2013 11:08, Andy Anderson ha scritto:

                Google Eye-fi. ...it is a storage card that will wifi images from ur camera to a tablet or laptop

                Hi Andy, this looks like a interestin stuff, the "problem" is that you can see the foto once it is done. As far I can see is that it gives you not the lifeview.

                Other thing is that the original questio was to know how to be sure that the pole is straight and you took all the panorama...

                anyway thank you for your answare :)

                SKAL

                --
                L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
                felipe@...

              • John Riley
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 25, 2013

                  On Jan 25, 2013, at 12:31 PM, Jim Watters wrote:

                  Even a bending pole like this.
                  https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3915874/jimwithpole.jpg

                  Nice catch! My pond only has fish in it.

                  John Riley
                  4Pi-VR Media Solutions
                  http://4pi-vr.com
                  johnriley@...
                  (h)864-461-3504
                  (c)864-431-7075
                  (w)864-503-5775

                • giant_klobasa_monster
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 26, 2013
                    eye-fi card is a bit clunky and cludgey, i don't like it.

                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, SKAL wrote:

                    > Il 25/01/2013 11:08, Andy Anderson ha scritto:
                    > > Google Eye-fi. ...it is a storage card that will wifi images from ur
                    > > camera to a tablet or laptop
                    >
                    > Hi Andy, this looks like a interestin stuff, the "problem" is that you
                    > can see the foto once it is done. As far I can see is that it gives you
                    > not the lifeview.
                    >
                    > Other thing is that the original questio was to know how to be sure that
                    > the pole is straight and you took all the panorama...
                    >
                    > anyway thank you for your answare :)
                    >
                    > SKAL

                  • b_dohrmann
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 29, 2013