RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Panos down to earth...

  • Rick Drew
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 23, 2013

      I actually made such a “mount” years ago. Used it for one of the WWP entries (http://www.worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwp606/html/RichardCDrew-2192.html ).  Just take a 12” length of 3/8 24 threaded rod. Thread a nut down 3/4”, drop on a fender washer, then lock in place with epoxy. Slip on a rubber washer. Sharpen the opposite end on a bench grinder. Now you have a monopod “spike” – press into the ground, attach your pano head and shoot.

    • jrgen_schrader
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 23, 2013
        Exactly.
        Just like a standard tripod setup.
        Only difference is that the tripod mount is close to ground level and the "tripod" (in this case the metal tube) below surface level.