Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Panos down to earth...

  • Gerhard Killesreiter
    • Rick Drew
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 23, 2013

        I actually made such a “mount” years ago. Used it for one of the WWP entries (http://www.worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwp606/html/RichardCDrew-2192.html ).  Just take a 12” length of 3/8 24 threaded rod. Thread a nut down 3/4”, drop on a fender washer, then lock in place with epoxy. Slip on a rubber washer. Sharpen the opposite end on a bench grinder. Now you have a monopod “spike” – press into the ground, attach your pano head and shoot.

      • jrgen_schrader
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 23, 2013
          Exactly.
          Just like a standard tripod setup.
          Only difference is that the tripod mount is close to ground level and the "tripod" (in this case the metal tube) below surface level.