PS CS6 Wide-Angle Perspective Correction

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2013
      As the beta of Tom's Pannini perspective correction software has timed out,
      and while I am waiting to hear from him, I have been trying the latest CS6
      Wide-Angle Perspective filter.

      I've been able to make presentable images, suitable for printing and free
      from curves that "should" be straight, of some of my equirectangular 2:1
      images, with aspect ratios of 16:9 and higher (in one case 2.5:1). The
      angular coverage actually reached 360 degrees in one case! I don't think
      that even Pannini can achieve that...

      My wife was quite impressed that something looking so "like a normal
      photograph" could be printed rather than having to be viewed on a computer.

      Try it, you may like it. Not all panos are equally suitable for this tool
      (or maybe, as is more than likely, I haven't mastered its use yet) but
      when it works it works amazingly well.

      Roger W.