Re: [PanoToolsNG] Try to compile hugin on mac lion mountain

  • Harry van der Wolf
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2013
      Hi,

      2013/1/21 percept-studio <contact@...>

      After typing cmake ../hugin-2012.0.0 on my Terminal, I get :

      [...]

      -- WARNING: you are using the obsolete 'PKGCONFIG' macro, use FindPkgConfig

      [...]

      -- libpano13 version: 2.9.18 major 2 minor 9 patch 18

      [...]

      -- ZThread library not found. falling back to included copy

      -- flann library not found. falling back to included copy

      -- Found Lensfun: /opt/local/include

      *** Will install application bundles in /usr/local/Applications, set INSTALL_OSX_BUNDLE_DIR to change the location

      -- Using shared internal libraries

      -- Python libs version: 2.7.2

      -- Install Python libs into /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages

      -- Current source dir = /Users/[username]/hugin

      -- Configuring done

      -- Generating done

      -- Build files have been written to: /Users/[username]/hugin-2012.0.0

      W.r.t. the "errors":
      - If cmake finds python 2.7.2 in /Library/Python/2.7, it means that you don't have to install anything. Python 2.7 is avaliable on your system and 2.7.2 is sufficient. This is however the OS X system version. Try a "port installed | grep -i python" to see which version MacPorts has installed (if it did and I think it did).
      - zthread is not needed. Hugin comes with it's own (slightly outdated but fully functional) included zthread. That's also what the cmake message mentions: "ZThread library not found. falling back to included copy"
      - an external flann isn't neccessary either. Same as for zthread: "flann library not found. falling back to included copy".
      - Don't worry about the "Will install application bundles in /usr/local/Applications, set INSTALL_OSX_BUNDLE_DIR to change the location". If you do want to change it it use something like:  cmake -DINSTALL_OSX_BUNDLE_DIR="/Users/[username]" or any folder you like.

      I have been very long on OS X, but I'm now back on Linux. My (old) macbook is still on Snow Leopard.
      Currently for me on Snow Leopard the cmake build on OS X is broken, not because of hugin but due to a conflict between boost and Mac OS X. boost >= 1.47 uses a set of macros which are equal (in name) to macros OS X is using. As long as this is the situation you can never build Hugin via cmake. Currently the boost level is 1.51 (I think) in MacPorts (which you also obviously use) and you can't use a lower version.
      The OS X macro set has been deprecated since 10.4 but is still around, at least on my 10.6.8 and I can't find anything else on the web for newer OS X versions.
      Please try for your Mountain Lion version. Maybe you are lucky.

      Building with python functionality leads to another level of struggles on OS X, so my suggestion is to start building without the python functionality (cmake .. -DHSI=OFF), and if you are succesful and make it to the end, you can try the same with python enabled. As mentioned above: the python versions of OS X and the MacPorts version might (read: will) clash.

      This weekend I just learned how to specify the python setup, as I got similar issues on Linux with mixed python versions. I did not try these yet on OS X because of lack of time (and motivation).

      So try to use:
      -DPYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR="path/to/python/include/dir"  -DPYTHON_LIBRARY="/path/to/library/or/to/framework" -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE="/path/to/binary"
      The include dir points to a directory. The library parameter points to the library or framework and the executable parameter to the binary.

      Harry