Re: [PanoToolsNG] Ancient large format fisheye lenses

  • Ian Wood
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2013
      On 18 Jan 2013, at 22:44, panovrx wrote:

      > Interesting they were used in low level aerial photography and the same lens was used in the enlarger for printing. I always tended to think of the dewarping of fisheye lens images as a modern invention.

      It was a bit unusual by then, but in the early days of enlarging it was pretty standard stuff to use the same lens for shooting and printing - partly for cost and partly because it 'automatically' corrects some distortion. There's still a few people who use large-format cameras as their enlarger!

      Ian