Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: First sneak peak at the Flashificator H5 (HTML5) panorama player

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 15, 2013
      Thanks for testing, Hans and Jim (and others).

      Chrome for mobile is absolutely useless as things are now.  The browser can simply not be used for this kind of content as it is right now.  The latest Chrome for mobiles is 18, while the latest for desktops is 24 (and 5 different developer versions - upto v.26 - are available.  We can only hope that Google will improve the mobile browser version soon, it is way too bad.  The desktop version is also less than ideal in performance, clipping the cubefaces.

      Regarding the Firefox not working on the Galaxy Note 2. with 4.1.1  ... we tested it along with several other Androids the other day.  We had to install Chrome and Firefox on all the devices we tested, so those were as recent as possible on that day (last Friday - 11.jan 2013).  Do you know how recent the Firefox installation on your Galaxy is?

      WebGL will be added to the player package shortly, which should help cover more ground.

      Jim.
      Regarding the zoom-through into the white void, this needs to have a zoom limit implemented for affected devices.

      Tiling the images is not possible in Android devices (at least the browsers don't support that yet as far as we know).  iDevices do tile the loading in the browser, and that is simply because of the way the browser is made.

      There might be a way to cut the cubefaces in half for rendering *more efficiently*, but it would probably involve having to test every individual device again for seeing how it would end up behaving, and there would probably also be extra cubeface borders showing on select browsers and equipments.  Sadly the mobile market is way too dispersed and not conforming to standards.

      Drag mode has been provided to the test panos (links in the previously posted .pdf file), and touch devices will automatically be provided with the drag.

      Trausti

      On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Hans <hans@...> wrote:

      I just got a Galaxy Note 2. with 4.1.1
      It has a Safari Web kit native browser.

      The 1773 pixels runs very smooth on it.
      Also Dolphin works fine but Firefox just loads the pano and you can not move it.

      Chrome just loads single cubefaces.

      Hans

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Jim Watters wrote:

      > GalaxyS running Android Jelly bean 4.2.1
      >
      > -Google browsers
      > - large cubes. shows low res version, white, then crashes.
      > - 1773X1773 cubes. Displays 4 of 6 faces. Panning is very smooth. when
      > zooming in, white triangles enlarge to hide panorama. Launching a second time
      > showed all 6 faces. zooming in still enlarged white triangles that take over the
      > screen. zooming out goes back to pano.
      >
      > -Firefox
      > - large cubes. worked for a short time then crashed.
      > - 1773X1773 cubes. Displays fine most of the time. Panning is very smooth.
      > Once when zooming I got a white cube face for a short time but could not get to
      > reproduce.
      >
      > Is it possible to tile the cube faces?
      >
      > Nice clean web pages to display the panos.
      >
      > Jim
      >

      > >> test with 1773x1773 pixel faces that should not cause problems
      > >> http://flashificator.com/tests/tpp_iphone
      > >> [snip]
      > >>
      > >> http://flashificator.com/tests/tpp/
      > >>
      > >> Please report back if you experience some strangeness... any and all
      > >> reporting of bugs or errors or issues will be of great help.
      > >>
      > >> The Android referred to in the following issues list are Samsung S3 phone
      > >> and Samsung 10.1 running on Android ver. 4.0.4
      > >>
      > >> Known issues:
      > >> Opera: Does not work.
      > >> Chrome on Android: Pretty much useless due to browser not being up to
      > >> date technologically. Only one cubeface shows at any given time.
      > >> Chrome on desktop (PC/Mac): Cubeface edge clipping occurs. White
      > >> background becomes visible. This is not a huge issue, but less than
      > >> desirable. Google needs to improve the browser.
      > >> Firefox on desktop (PC/Mac): Partial jerkyiness (hiccups) when moved.
      > >> This is a browser issue we can hope will be fixed in the future.
      > >> Firefox on Android: A bit slow, but works fine.
      > >> Native browser on Android: excessive clipping of the panos.
      > >> iPhone 3GS: image is blurred and doesn't advance to full quality
      > >> iPhone 3GS: after swiping the pano may continue turning.
      > >>
      > >> The above list of issues is there so that you will not be reporting back
      > >> what we already know on this end :)
      > >>
      > >> If you have some Android devices that can not display the panos, by all
      > >> means let us know.
      > >> If you have any of the following models of Blackberry, please report back
      > >> if and how things look there:
      > >> BlackBerry Bold (9900/9930)
      > >> BlackBerry Torch (9810/9850/9860)
      > >> BlackBerry Curve (9350/9360/9370/9380)
      > >>
      > >> For now, there is only legacy movement enabled (no streetview drag mode).
      > >>
      > >> Looking forward to your findings.
      > >>
      > >> Trausti
      > >>

      > --
      > Jim Watters
      > http://photocreations.ca

    • Hans
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 15, 2013
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:

        > Thanks for testing, Hans and Jim (and others).
        >
        > Chrome for mobile is absolutely useless as things are now. The browser can
        > simply not be used for this kind of content as it is right now. The latest
        > Chrome for mobiles is 18, while the latest for desktops is 24 (and 5
        > different developer versions - upto v.26 - are available. We can only hope
        > that Google will improve the mobile browser version soon, it is way too
        > bad. The desktop version is also less than ideal in performance, clipping
        > the cubefaces.
        >
        > Regarding the Firefox not working on the Galaxy Note 2. with 4.1.1 ... we
        > tested it along with several other Androids the other day. We had to
        > install Chrome and Firefox on all the devices we tested, so those were as
        > recent as possible on that day (last Friday - 11.jan 2013). Do you know
        > how recent the Firefox installation on your Galaxy is?

        Just checked . It is 17.0
        I did a new trial and this time it loaded with some weird triangles.

        I checked for updates and there was a new one 18.0 from jan 8.
        After updating pano 1773 loads and pans fine just for a moment and then freezes.
        Same with 1448 version.

        > WebGL will be added to the player package shortly, which should help cover
        > more ground.
        >
        > Jim.
        > Regarding the zoom-through into the white void, this needs to have a zoom
        > limit implemented for affected devices.
        >
        > Tiling the images is not possible in Android devices (at least the browsers
        > don't support that yet as far as we know). iDevices do tile the loading in
        > the browser, and that is simply because of the way the browser is made.
        >
        > There might be a way to cut the cubefaces in half for rendering *more
        > efficiently*, but it would probably involve having to test every individual
        > device again for seeing how it would end up behaving, and there would
        > probably also be extra cubeface borders showing on select browsers and
        > equipments. Sadly the mobile market is way too dispersed and not
        > conforming to standards.
        >
        > Drag mode has been provided to the test panos (links in the previously
        > posted .pdf file), and touch devices will automatically be provided with
        > the drag.
        >
        > Trausti
        >

        > On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Hans wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > I just got a Galaxy Note 2. with 4.1.1
        > > It has a Safari Web kit native browser.
        > >
        > > The 1773 pixels runs very smooth on it.
        > > Also Dolphin works fine but Firefox just loads the pano and you can not
        > > move it.
        > >
        > > Chrome just loads single cubefaces.
        > >
        > > Hans
        > >

        > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Jim Watters wrote:
        > > >
        > > > GalaxyS running Android Jelly bean 4.2.1
        > > >
        > > > -Google browsers
        > > > - large cubes. shows low res version, white, then crashes.
        > > > - 1773X1773 cubes. Displays 4 of 6 faces. Panning is very smooth. when
        > > > zooming in, white triangles enlarge to hide panorama. Launching a second
        > > time
        > > > showed all 6 faces. zooming in still enlarged white triangles that take
        > > over the
        > > > screen. zooming out goes back to pano.
        > > >
        > > > -Firefox
        > > > - large cubes. worked for a short time then crashed.
        > > > - 1773X1773 cubes. Displays fine most of the time. Panning is very
        > > smooth.
        > > > Once when zooming I got a white cube face for a short time but could not
        > > get to
        > > > reproduce.
        > > >
        > > > Is it possible to tile the cube faces?
        > > >
        > > > Nice clean web pages to display the panos.
        > > >
        > > > Jim

        > > phone

        > > back

        > > all
        > > back

        > > mode).

        > > > --
        > > > Jim Watters
        > > > http://photocreations.ca

      • Trausti Hraunfjord
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 15, 2013
          Thanks again Hans.  I guess we will have to do some testing on the Galaxy Note 2 again on our end... a few things have been added/changed in the player in the past few days, but in theory, none of it should result in this behaviour.  There are also some server cache issues to be looked into.

          Next release (same links) will have support for "touch" (two finger swiping) on trackpads (Mac Book) and support for wireless X-box 360 pano control has also been implemented.  Pointer-lock has also been implemented, allowing one finger drag mode on trackpads.

          In total there are 6 different ways to interact with the panos.

          Trausti

          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 16, 2013
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:

            > Thanks again Hans. I guess we will have to do some testing on the Galaxy
            > Note 2 again on our end... a few things have been added/changed in the
            > player in the past few days, but in theory, none of it should result in
            > this behaviour. There are also some server cache issues to be looked into.

            Firefox is out o question anyhow for HTML5 panos.
            Your pano was just a simple pano without any elements.

            But with navigation elements Firefox enlarges those to double size which makes them unusable. The performance is the same also with my KRpano in 1024 pixels size.

            Hans

            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 16, 2013
              I guess we will find out if things are really that bad for Firefox+Hotspots when we get to that mountain in a couple of days or so.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if that would be the case.

              Trausti

              On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 3:43 AM, Hans <hans@...> wrote:
              also some server cache issu

            • Christian Bloch
              Message 6 of 24 , Jan 16, 2013
                Neat.

                Great colors in this pano, too.

                I see white hairlines on the cube faces (Safari)

                Otherwise very sweet player. The name Flashificator doesn't fit anymore, I guess, will this be called the CSSificator?  Unflashificator? Mobilizer?

                On Jan 10, 2013, at 7:01 PM, blueslander <trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

                First sneak peak at our new H5 player:
                http://flashificator.com/tests/tpp/

              • Matthew Rogers

                  Message 8 of 24 , Jan 17, 2013

                    Le 11 janv. 2013 à 09:11, Michel Thoby a écrit :

                    Hi Trausti,

                    Le 11 janv. 2013 à 04:01, blueslander a écrit :

                    First sneak peak at our new H5 player:
                    http://flashificator.com/tests/tpp/

                    Please report back if you experience some strangeness... any and all reporting of bugs or errors or issues will be of great help.

                    Works fine with Safari, Chrome 24.0 and Firefox 16.0.2 on MacOS 10.6.8 and with Safari on MacOS 10.8.2,

                    17 janv. 2013 à 09:53, Matthew Rogers a écrit :

                    I've not read back through all the comments so this might have been discussed. On Safari 6.0.2 on OS X 10.8.2 I can see a one pixel white line between all the cube faces. For me this is a no go for using the player.

                    Matt

                    I confirm Matt's observation: very thin white lines between all cube faces are indeed (while barely) visible when setting to view near minimum zoom level. That's true on the 1440 x 900 pix of a venerable MacBook Pro 15" screen with Safari 6.0.2 on Mac OS 10.8.2.  Same outcome with Safari 5.1.7  on OS X 10.6.8 on the iMac 27" (2560 x 1440 pix.) when zooming out completely.

                    Yet lines are apparently not visible on the iPad4 / iOS 6.0.1 (Retina display) and on Firefox on all my computers.
                    At higher zoom level, no white line is visible in all cases.

                    Michel
                  • Trausti Hraunfjord
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jan 17, 2013
                      White lines do appear on certain image sizes.  If one doesn't like that, talk to Apple and have them to improve their browser and affected hardware :)
                      Some of their hardware handles things properly, other hardware doesn't.  That is inconsistency on their end and not ours.

                      Of course we will research which cubeface sizes will be ok and recommend use of the line-less sizes.

                      Trausti