Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Peleng Chromatic Aberration

  • Roger D Williams
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 11, 2013
      I agree. Who needs ignorant old farts who think you owe them an explanation? I was thinking more of attractive young women who talk to me out of interest in my unusual equipment although they would normally ignore me as just another old fart. <grin>

      Your experience may differ. For whatever reason... I mean I don't know how old you are. You could be getting all the attention you need or want.

      I have really tried to like the NEX series but just can't. At less than $300 I would buy a second and use the pair for stereo photos. Incredible value! (Currently I use a Fujifilm W3.)

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jan 11, 2013, at 9:04 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:

      > I like the general simplicity of mirrorless cameras. I don't need a viewfinder just a way to set the exposure and other parameters. And I like small and light and cheap. NEX is pretty good for all that except for the lack of proper bracketing and remote shutter activation. The K-01 is a serious candidate for my next camera. They are on eBay for less than $300 USD.
      >
      > I don't need a conversation starter. Once I was on a trail around a lake in the middle of shooting a pano and a guy stopped and insisted that I explain to him what I was doing and the best equipment to do it. He wouldn't leave even after I bluntly asked him to get out of the way. I would like a completely invisible rig.
      >
      > On 1/11/2013 3:49 AM, Roger D. Williams wrote:
      >> On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 17:11:01 +0900, Ken Warner<kwarner000@...>
      >> wrote:
      >>
      >>> Sony sensor. Same a s in the NEX cameras. The nice thing about the
      >>> Pentax is that lenses are cheap(er) and the camera is more like a real
      >>> camera than the NEX. And they are getting cheap.
      >>
      >> Another advantage of the K-01 is that the bright yellow rubber on mine
      >> (the only colour available in the "outlet" deal I got, with the camera
      >> in a box for the zoom-lens set but without the zoom, which they are
      >> presumably selling separately) is a great conversation starter, even
      >> before I attach my bright black and blue ring mount. My monopod with
      >> its tiny tripod at the bottom to hold it in position while free to
      >> rotate, also gets some raised eyebrows and the occasional comment. I
      >> do enjoy these conversations.
      >>
      >> The K-30 is a really nice camera, and a grade or two up from my K-x.
      >> And if they continue to drop in price at the same rate I will soon be
      >> able to afford one!
      >>
      >> Roger

    • Ken Warner
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 11, 2013