Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Peleng Chromatic Aberration

  • Roger D Williams
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 11, 2013
      Incidentally, Paint Shop Pro had two-colour adjustable width de-fringe options with eye-drop selection of the colours a decade ago!

      I am tempted by Lightroom, but CS6 would be the last PS I could upgrade to under the new Adobe rules, and there are other things I like and want to try in CS6, so now I know it does a better job in this important area I have decided to go for it.

      Roger W

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jan 11, 2013, at 10:55 PM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

      > Am 11.01.2013 12:53, schrieb Roger D. Williams:
      >> Incidentally, John Houghton kindly processed one of my DNG files with
      >> his CS6, and I was surprised to see that the CA removal is even more
      >> precise and effective. CS5 is quite good but CS6 is excellent. At least
      >> on the file I sent John, it is.
      >
      > Yes, that might be true. At least the fringes removal is enhanced as you
      > can adjust the fringes colors and removal amount for two color ranges
      > individually. And ACR 7 features a better highlight recovery and a new
      > process giving much nicer transitions to overexposed areas.
      >
      > You don't need CS6 to get ACR 7 BTW. Recent Lightroom contains the same
      > raw conversion engine...
      >
      > --
      > Erik Krause
      > http://www.erik-krause.de

    • Briar
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 11, 2013

        I only had CS2 so jumped into Creative Cloud membership…..CS6 plus a raft of other software, including immediate updates for $50 per month. It would take me three years just to pay for CS6 at that rate.

        May be worth considering?

        Incidentally, Paint Shop Pro had two-colour adjustable width de-fringe options with eye-drop selection of the colours a decade ago!

        I am tempted by Lightroom, but CS6 would be the last PS I could upgrade to under the new Adobe rules, and there are other things I like and want to try in CS6, so now I know it does a better job in this important area I have decided to go for it.

        Roger W

        Sent from my iPad

        On Jan 11, 2013, at 10:55 PM, Erik Krause erik.krause@...> wrote:

        > Am 11.01.2013 12:53, schrieb Roger D. Williams:
        >> Incidentally, John Houghton kindly processed one of my DNG files with
        >> his CS6, and I was surprised to see that the CA removal is even more
        >> precise and effective. CS5 is quite good but CS6 is excellent. At least
        >> on the file I sent John, it is.
        >
        > Yes, that might be true. At least the fringes removal is enhanced as you
        > can adjust the fringes colors and removal amount for two color ranges
        > individually. And ACR 7 features a better highlight recovery and a new
        > process giving much nicer transitions to overexposed areas.
        >
        > You don't need CS6 to get ACR 7 BTW. Recent Lightroom contains the same
        > raw conversion engine...
        >
        > --
        > Erik Krause
        > http://www.erik-krause.de

      • Roger D Williams
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 11, 2013
          I agree. Who needs ignorant old farts who think you owe them an explanation? I was thinking more of attractive young women who talk to me out of interest in my unusual equipment although they would normally ignore me as just another old fart. <grin>

          Your experience may differ. For whatever reason... I mean I don't know how old you are. You could be getting all the attention you need or want.

          I have really tried to like the NEX series but just can't. At less than $300 I would buy a second and use the pair for stereo photos. Incredible value! (Currently I use a Fujifilm W3.)

          Sent from my iPad

          On Jan 11, 2013, at 9:04 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:

          > I like the general simplicity of mirrorless cameras. I don't need a viewfinder just a way to set the exposure and other parameters. And I like small and light and cheap. NEX is pretty good for all that except for the lack of proper bracketing and remote shutter activation. The K-01 is a serious candidate for my next camera. They are on eBay for less than $300 USD.
          >
          > I don't need a conversation starter. Once I was on a trail around a lake in the middle of shooting a pano and a guy stopped and insisted that I explain to him what I was doing and the best equipment to do it. He wouldn't leave even after I bluntly asked him to get out of the way. I would like a completely invisible rig.
          >
          > On 1/11/2013 3:49 AM, Roger D. Williams wrote:
          >> On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 17:11:01 +0900, Ken Warner<kwarner000@...>
          >> wrote:
          >>
          >>> Sony sensor. Same a s in the NEX cameras. The nice thing about the
          >>> Pentax is that lenses are cheap(er) and the camera is more like a real
          >>> camera than the NEX. And they are getting cheap.
          >>
          >> Another advantage of the K-01 is that the bright yellow rubber on mine
          >> (the only colour available in the "outlet" deal I got, with the camera
          >> in a box for the zoom-lens set but without the zoom, which they are
          >> presumably selling separately) is a great conversation starter, even
          >> before I attach my bright black and blue ring mount. My monopod with
          >> its tiny tripod at the bottom to hold it in position while free to
          >> rotate, also gets some raised eyebrows and the occasional comment. I
          >> do enjoy these conversations.
          >>
          >> The K-30 is a really nice camera, and a grade or two up from my K-x.
          >> And if they continue to drop in price at the same rate I will soon be
          >> able to afford one!
          >>
          >> Roger

        • Ken Warner
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 11, 2013