Delete panoramas and rename another in an existing tour...please advise

  • needakeeper
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 9, 2013
      A client that Pat Swovelin and I had together has requested a few changes to the existing tour. Pat did all the coding and I never asked how, so I am a true newbie when trying to make adjustments to an xml.

      I decided not to delete the lines of code pertaining to the panoramas from the xml but rather to just hide them so that if the client decided that the panoramas needed to be included again, the change wouldn't be too difficult.

      Here is what I did: I only wanted to hide one panorama at a time, so that if something went wrong and the tour didn't load properly I would have an idea where the problem was taking place. I looked at each xml. I did a keyword search for the name of the specific panorama that I needed to hide. Every time I saw lines of code that pertained to that particular panorama, I did <!-- before the code started and then --> at the end of the code. That made it all invisible. Then I removed the panorama and it's thumbnail from the tour. I tested the tour and it said loading failed.

      Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

      Thanks-Stephani
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 9, 2013

        You need to provide a link to the tour. At least then we can figure out what software it was made in.

        Best Regards,

        Sacha Griffin

        http://www.seeit360.com

        http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

        http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

        IM: sachagriffin007@...

        Office: 404-551-4275

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 9, 2013
          Sounds like you removed the pano and didn't replace it in the code. If you are just replacing and didn't have a lot hot spots to change you could have replaced the cube faces and preview and name the replacements the exact same name. That way nothing really changes except the actual images.

          On Jan 9, 2013, at 10:59 AM, needakeeper wrote:

[...]

          VR Photographer / Cinematographer
          http://www.rcfisher.com
          bob@...

        • Stephani Hill
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 9, 2013
            I think he hand coded it.  Here is the link:  http://www.shillphotos.com/thebelltoweron34th/index-xml.html

            -Stephani

          • Stephani Hill

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 9, 2013

                They all load for me.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 9, 2013
                  My apologies, Sacha.  I gave you a link to the active tour, not the one that I had been messing with.  I copied the entire tour into another folder and then started using dashcode to make the edits in the xml.  Here is the link to the loading failed tour:  http://www.shillphotos.com/bt_updates_1_2013/index-xml.html

                  -Stephani

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 9, 2013

                    I think it’s your use of comments.

                    Try to ensure they have a space before à

                    Or put them on their own line..

                    Line 174 for example.

                    I think this causes it to choke and look for the default images.

                    http://www.shillphotos.com/bt_updates_1_2013/pano_l.jpg

                    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://www.shillphotos.com/bt_updates_1_2013/pano_f.jpg

                    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://www.shillphotos.com/bt_updates_1_2013/pano_u.jpg

                    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://www.shillphotos.com/bt_updates_1_2013/pano_b.jpg

                    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://www.shillphotos.com/bt_updates_1_2013/pano_r.jpg

                    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://www.shillphotos.com/bt_updates_1_2013/pano_d.jpg

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 9, 2013
                      Your new link doesn't work for me - 404

                      Based on your first link:
                      You need to hide only one line in picMenu3.xml
                      That's all
                      It will do the trick