Cycloramic app spins Iphones using vibration

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 24, 2012
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Brfr7--6ESc
      .. if it was April 1 I would be suspicious but I think it is real

      Captures 360 videos with an Iphone5 using the phone's vibration to spin it around slowly. (Btw, now the phone seems to rotate pretty much on the centre point of the base and the phone's camera is off to one side so the video this produces actually has the data necessary to create a stereo panoramas -- using the L/R off-axis slice assembly method).

      Re 360 videos, stitched ones this time, this video shows Gopro3s (in an array) used to make timelapse 360s. This one seems to show even exposure all the way around and he mentions "hacked Gopro3s" and "testing for manual controls" .. mmmm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCG_nZLJbnY

      PeterM
    • Paul D. DeRocco
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 24, 2012
        > From: panovrx
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Brfr7--6ESc
        > .. if it was April 1 I would be suspicious but I think it is real
        >
        > Captures 360 videos with an Iphone5 using the phone's
        > vibration to spin it around slowly. (Btw, now the phone seems
        > to rotate pretty much on the centre point of the base and the
        > phone's camera is off to one side so the video this produces
        > actually has the data necessary to create a stereo panoramas
        > -- using the L/R off-axis slice assembly method).

        Gee, I thought camera shake was considered a Bad Thing.

        --

        Ciao, Paul D. DeRocco
        Paul mailto:pderocco@...