Re: Panorama printer with paper rolls?

  • Thomas
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 3, 2012
      Sorry to hear that, Bjorn. I'll bet you could buy a computer for $100 that would boot XP off those old disks and keep you printing. That might be cheaper and certainly less stressful than wrestling with software almost-solutions. But if you really want to do that, I suggest you install VirtualBox (free at https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads) on your new computer, and run the old WinXP as a guest OS. That might cost you the use of the printer on the new one, but should keep all your setup including licenses working as it did. Do a partition-image backup of the old disk against the day when it dies, and you could be good for a decade.
      Best regards, Tom

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

      > On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 00:06:18 +0100, Thomas <TKSharpless@...> wrote:
      >

      > > I had the same problem with my EpsonR2400. It is the last 13-inch Epson
      > > that accepts roll paper, and I depend on that. But the only working
      > > >driver is for Windows XP. Worse still, installing any version of
      > > Photoshop after CS2 breaks even the XP driver-- you get horrible
      > > green-and->pink pictures no matter what you ask for.
      > >
      > > So, if you have the space, I suggest you do what I did: keep the old
      > > computer and s/w as-is, just for printing. I have to actually copy the
      > > files to >the old machine and print them there from CS2, remote
      > > printiing from newer Windows versions or Mac OS is out of the question.
      > > But this way >everything works the way I understand it, and the wholes
      > > setup was "free" :-). Indeed it works so well that I have bought an old
      > > but unused >R2400 to carry on when the present one dies.
      > >
      > > This is a simple application of one of the fundamental principles of
      > > engineering:
      > > "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
      >
      > But it is broken ;)
      > My old computer is gone - the cabinet and some of the HDDs remains, with
      > new OS.
      > Mos of the programs I use for printing is not installed on my laptop
      > (still XP), and many of them can't be installed neither, due to single
      > licenses. And the occasional print job, a receipt from a webshop, a letter
      > etc would be quite cumbersome to save, copy and print, instead of just
      > printing.
      >
      > --
      > Bjørn K Nilssen - 3D and 360-panorama - Kristiansand

    • antonio cabral
      Message 36 of 36 , Dec 4, 2012
        I have the 5.5 and he 5.6.
        Could I send it for tived@... ?

        regards,
        Antonio Cabral

        Com os melhores cumprimentos,
        António Cabral

        digisfera

           web www.digisfera.pt

        phone  (+351) 214 062 218
        mobile (+351) 966 390 236

        Taguspark, Parque de Ciência e Tecnologia

        Edifício Inovação II, 421
        2740-122 Oeiras  Portugal

        2012/12/4 Henrik <tived@...>

        Contact autodesk, would b the first choice

        Sent from my iPhone

        On 05/12/2012, at 2:50, Michael McKelvey <m_t_j_mckelvey@...> wrote:

        Does anyone know how or where I can an old copy of Realviz Stitcher 5.5 from? I lost it from my PC and as Realviz have been taken over by AutoDesk am stumped as to where I can find a copy, I do have its original serial number.