Re: How do you hide the shadows in a 360 pano ?

  • pedro_silva58
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2012
      hi johann!

      to avoid having shadows in the final panorama, you need to have all areas with shadows, appear in other images, without the shadows. so, first, mind your own shadow! second, you may need to move the tripod, and shoot the ground from a different position, and then use viewpoint correction in ptgui pro. it helps to plan ahead, eg, make sure the tripod shadow doesn't go from ground to building, or some other complex 3d thing.

      as a last resort, play in your favorite image editor, trying to match luminosity, colors, etc, to make shadows less obvious. you would need considerable editing skills for a good result, me thinks.

      hope this helps!
      cheers,
      pedro

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2012
        Am 03.12.2012 06:56, schrieb Johann Victor:
        > I did mask all of the tripod shadows im images but when stitched images
        > it leaves a black background.

        As Pedro wrote: You need something to fill the holes. If you didn't
        shoot the area without a shadow you will need to clone some regions from
        your existing panorama. Export a rectilinear view with the shadow in it
        and use healing brush or patch tool in photoshop to hide the black holes.

        -> http://wiki.panotools.org/Extracting_and_inserting_rectilinear_Views

      • Rick Drew
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2012

          I extract a cube face in Pano2VR and touch it up in Photoshop. I try and shoot several “down” images without shadows to aid in touch-up, but it’s not always possible.

          Rick Drew

        • Mark D. Fink
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2012

            I have two videos here that might help: