Re: calibrating the peleng and zenitar

  • Daniel M. German
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2006
      > 6. Calibrating the Peleng and Zenitar lenses ...

      > Does anyone here have a workflow (or has the numbers) for
      > calibrating the Peleng 8mm and Zenitar 16mm lenses for ACR
      > corrections with respect PanoToolsNG> to vignetting and CA?

      Vignetting and chromatic aberration changes depending on aperture, and
      to a lesser extend by focusing distance.

      With respect to vignetting I recommend using the RAW conversion of
      photoshop: zoom in to 400% and try to fix it manually (+70 in the
      second box is a good starting value for the Peleng). I just started
      doing this and I am happy with the results.

      You can also use hugin, fulla and nona. There is a tutorial in the
      hugin website:

      http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/tca/en.shtml

      --
      Daniel M. German "Beware of bugs in the above code;
      I have only proved it