Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Panorama printer with paper rolls?

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 2, 2012
      For what it's worth.. not printing related though... I was using Win7 since a HDD crash in March finally gave me a reason to leave XP, and it was stable and so much better than XP.  Then came Win8 and I purchased it on the second day it was out, installed and that darn thing has totally changed my opinion on MS.  It works better, faster and is just good.  Even IE works perfectly, and that sounds like an impossible fairytale.  Then the HDD I installed Win8 on got fried after only a couple of weeks, and I had no interest in going back to Win7 that I still had installed on a HDD on that machine... and that surprised me. To save some time I installed Win8 on top of Win7 (upgrade option)... but a couple of days later it became clear that saving time by an upgrade was simply not going according to plan... Wiped the drive clean and installed Win8 as a clean installation, and everything is working perfectly.

      This was really the last time I would have purchased anything from MS if Win8 had not been an improvement... and it has proven itself to me to be far superior to anything else MS has done in the past.  I really like the darn thing - and I don't like saying so after a very profound dislike for anything from MS since Win95 came out.

      I have read that newer equipment (than mine... which is getting pretty old), may have driver issues, but if you run the compaitbility tester, you should see if your (connected) hardware is supported at this time.  I highly recommend Win8 - if it can run all it needs to on your machine.  It is far better than OSX on many fronts (seriously... until Win8 I had nothing but good experience with OSX).  Installing Win8 is quick and totally painless, and installing Adobe CS6 and Office 2013 caused no issues or complications or lost time or anything. It is rock solid (for me).

      Trausti

      On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:
      On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 14:49:02 +0100, Henrik <tived@...> wrote:

      Erik,

      there reallly isn;t many reasons to move from 7 to 8 at the moment, 7 works fine - though i don;t know if 8 will be better or worse, some have reported that its faster? Its hard to say atm.
      I might have a go at it over the Xmas holidays as it takes a lot of time getting it all set up.

      I still have both XP x64, Vista x64 running along side with several Windows 7 x64 machines. all these have worked almost flawless since 2005 for XP x64, but they are all on good hardware :-)

      I think that its unreasonable to think that things are going to last for ever - Just my $.02

      That was what I was doing, clinging to XP as long as I could ;) But as XP stopped booting (BSODs all the time), and my old install CD was sp1 (no SATA support) and my new MB had no IDE ports, I was kind of stuck. Slipstreaming with sp3 and all other kinds of juggling never really worked.
      At that time it felt a bit backwards to upgrade to Win7, as W8 hadjust been released. Also W8 was a lot cheaper than buying W7.

      BTW, I like W8 quite a lot :)

      Henrik Tived

      Message 36 of 36 , Dec 4, 2012
        I have the 5.5 and he 5.6.
        Could I send it for tived@... ?

        regards,
        Antonio Cabral

        Com os melhores cumprimentos,
        António Cabral

        digisfera

           web www.digisfera.pt

        phone  (+351) 214 062 218
        mobile (+351) 966 390 236

        Taguspark, Parque de Ciência e Tecnologia

        Edifício Inovação II, 421
        2740-122 Oeiras  Portugal

        2012/12/4 Henrik <tived@...>

        Contact autodesk, would b the first choice

        Sent from my iPhone

        On 05/12/2012, at 2:50, Michael McKelvey <m_t_j_mckelvey@...> wrote:

        Does anyone know how or where I can an old copy of Realviz Stitcher 5.5 from? I lost it from my PC and as Realviz have been taken over by AutoDesk am stumped as to where I can find a copy, I do have its original serial number.